The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

How much heat to melt wire loom/wires? Pusher fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyesuperman

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Minot, North_Dakota
Over the weekend I reinstalled my ac condenser (previous owner took out ac, I am putting it back in) and while I was at it I installed a fan I had lying around. It pretty much fit perfectly in the spot and I didn't need to bolt it onto anything for it to stay, just ziptied one hole to a spot on the front bar where the bumper bolts on just in case. Anyhow, my hid wiring and the wiring for the fan touches the ac condenser in a few spots, will it get hot enough to melt those wires? I still need to reinstall the rest of the ac stuff so I have time to move things around, but I like the way it is now and would like to keep it that way. Here is a picture for you visual folks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The wires already have loom around them but they still touch the condenser. I am just worried that it might melt through the loom and into the wires because I don't know how hot it actually gets or how much heat it takes to melt plastic wire loom

No idea how hot the A/C condenser gets, but I bet a down pipe is hotter. And the pieces of factory loom I have around my alternators charging wires has been fine, despite it being only a couple inches away. You're probably fine, however covering it with some of the heat reflective wire loom isn't a bad idea. (I need to do that to the mentioned wires, but it's on the back burner at the moment since their not melting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back