The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G how many Clutch Settings places?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian97

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2018
Göteborg, Europe
Hello guys!
I just need to know does the Clutch set in 2 different places?
Or only on the clutch pedal ?

I'm guessing you have no idea how a clutch system works, that's ok we all start somewhere.
First you've got the clutch bolted to your flywheel and your release bearing rides on the diaphragm fingers they are the spring that applies clamping force to engage the clutch.
There's a fork that is a lever that is acted on by the slave and master by hydraulic force supplied by the pedal.
The only real adjustment is changing the length of the stroke on the piston for the master. This is accomplished by turning the rod under the dash attached to the pedal.
If that is properly adjusted and there's still issues than there's a problem mechanically that's when people shim pivot balls and use longer push rods. In my experience with heavy clutches it can work but I've had the best luck replacing everything, fork pivot and master and slave. That has always given the best results not to mention that shiming the pivot ball requires trans removal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back