1. EXPECT DELAYS! We'll be performing some routine system updates this week. Plan for some intermittent site outages all week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

How is engine load calculated?

Posted by Mirage1, May 25, 2005
Tuning & Engine Management - 4G63 EPROMS, ECU, MAF, knock, EGT, wideband, datalogging, fuel trims, etc. Read this Forum's Strict Guidelines.

1. Mirage1

Mirage1 Proven Member

Apache Junction, Arizona
    On my 2G with a Pocketlogger I am logging 18-20% load at idle. The car is basically stock. Does this mean anything and if so, how is the engine load calculated? I tried a search and came up with nothing.

Thanks!
  2. taylorspl

taylorspl Proven Member

Tucson, Arizona
    There is a post somewhere in this thread about load at idle. I have no idea how its calculated I just thought you might want to read this.
  3. Mirage1

Mirage1 Proven Member

Apache Junction, Arizona
    Thanks Taylor. A local SW DSM member too!

I read that thread earlier. But I'm still interested in how engine load is calculated. I want to get as much info as possible. Most likely my problem is retarded timing. Which is one of the symptoms I'm still troubleshooting. But it is on a 2G 7-bolt. The others in that post seem to all have 6-bolts. Also, I have already verified that the cam timing is dead on.

I did lower the boost down to 13-14psi and it seems a little more stable. So I am thinking that I was running to much boost for my setup. I will test it out more tomorrow and get some more logs.
  4. taylorspl

taylorspl Proven Member

Tucson, Arizona
    This is taken from this page. There is a dsm ecu yahoo list and I think theres a forum out there somewhere too. If you keep looking you'll find more I'm sure.