The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How hot does your engine get???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shallowshowcase

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2005
Arab, Alabama
This being my first turbo car, it just stood out at me. But i bought a car that was hiding alot of problems (broken harmonic balancer, oil coming out of valve cover, fuel pump not mounted with the bolts, alot of stripped bolts)

after fixing what seems to be alot of the problems, ive always noticed how hot the car gets. my friends love it and ill drive down the road and back and we will throw ice on the exhaust manifold and watch it skip liquid and goto steam... this dont require much driving, either.. but its like after i get home from work i cant work on my car for HOURS or maybe even the next day.. well my question is

how hot is too hot???

94Jettameowpsst said:
The general concensus in most all cars is running a lower temp thermostat usually wears out your water pump quicker. And being that it takes so much time to change a wp in our cars, id probably just get another stocker. Then again this is coming from someone that has yet to put his thermostat back in :notgood: , i usually have a max cruising temp of about 169+/- a few degrees.

You should do some research on what you posted here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back