The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How do I unplug this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fi3ndx

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2013
Providence, Rhode_Island
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
So I was taking the drivers seat out and was stopped by this pesky plug. It's the plug for the seat belt sensor. I can not, for the life of me get it unplugged. I tried prying it out with a tiny flat head, I tried using pliers with all the strength I could muster up and it still wouldn't budge. Is their a clip I'm missing, or a certain way to take it out, or is it just stuck?

I no longer have the female half connector but I just looked and the male half has a tiny notch sticking up in the middle of the longer width side. It must notch into a ridge or something in the female half. Perhaps if while pulling the female half you pry up that side on it with a tiny flat blade (or maybe squeeze the female half to try and crown that side to over the notch while pulling)? I can take a pic of the male half notch if you need.

Last edited:
i took a flathead and stuck it under the little clip and broke the tab holding it on. It's hardly together so I wrapped a small piece of duct tape around it. Worst case if it really becomes a pain, just cut it off and take the light out of the cluster.

Please dont use a screw driver! Go to sears and grab a set of picks. It will be the best investment for your electrical tool set.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back