The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Homemade shifter for automatic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Materials needed=
Pliers
Wire stripper or, razor blade
4 blue splice clips, cost $1.05
Two 2 prong toggle stitches
4 pieces of wire, about 3 feet each
Can be shorter once you find where your going to mount the switches.

There should be a clip on the top of you transmission. There should be a blue wire, an orange wire, and a yellow with blue tracer. You don't need the solid blue wire unless you want it to shift real smooth.
Take the passenger side panel off, the one that covers the right side of the radio. Take off the other cover over top your ecu. Pull the carpeting back.

Disconnect the first clip into the ecu. ( all the way to the left)Make sure you plug this back in when your done.

There will be two solid blue wires, these will be the power wires. An orange wire, and a yellow with blue tracer. These are the transmission solenoid control..

Take those clips and run a wire from power on the switch, then splice into the blue wires and connect to switch.

The yellow wire with blue tracer should go to toggle stitch #1. Splice into and run to switch.

The orange wire is for switch 2, splice and connect to the switch.

Now mount switches wherever you want, which is why I said four pieces of wire that are 3 feet in length.

Now you are ready to fire up your engine and drive. Look at pics for shift sequence

First gear is both switches on.
second gear is switch A off and B on
Third gear is both switches off
Forth gear with over drive is switch A on and B off

Specials thanks to Unwythe:thumb:

Feel free to edit or pm me If you need more information or don't understand.
This took me less than an hour to do and works great.

Any questions post on, http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/project-build-logs/328532-my-92-gsx.html or pm me..

Attachments

• 1st gear.jpg
    1st gear.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,616
  • 2nd gear.jpg
    2nd gear.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,572
  • 3rd gear.jpg
    3rd gear.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,514
  • 4th gear.jpg
    4th gear.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,559
  • spliced (2).jpg
    spliced (2).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,566
For you 2g guys heres are the wires you need..

On a 2g, the wire colors are :

Solenoid A : Orange
Solenoid B : Yellow
12V : Blue with Red Stripe
Ground : Black

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back