The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

homemade octane booster that really works!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by BatmanGSX

I'd be concerned if you had a CAT instead of a testpipe.

Ouch. Well, in some parts of the country (i.e. Portland, OR), the emissions testing is done by state run agencies. No CAT = No tags. Besides, some of us can tune cars to work WITH a CAT.

Rember that AVGAS is made for high altitudes and is formulated differently than ground based gas is. We used to try AVGAS in our race motors but found we had a WAY HIGHER incidence of burned exhaust valves. Not saying you all will, but AVGAS had been around forever, and if it was that good for your motor, everyone would be running it. Mixing it with 92 Octane Amoco Ultimate gas yields better results tho, and most small airstrips (even grass ones) sell Unleaded 100 Octane gas. I have used a 50/50 mix of amoco ultimate and 100 unleaded AVGAS with a quart of marvel per 20 gallon shake'em up barrel with MUCH less reliability problems concerning exhaust valves (pardon my grammer but after a 36 hour emergency engine rebuild, your brain does not function very well...hmmm and that case of MGD didn't hurt either when we finished up...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back