The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Holset Turbos, PART 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? The only coolant passages I had to block off was the one I posted above (on the water pipe) and the one the block.

The coolant line going into the cooler was left alone. You can kind of see it here. I didn't touch anything else....hmm...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nope, I kept mine. You can see in the pic that the hard line gently hides below the water pipe and above that new plug. It doesn't get in the way of the turbo. :D

You can check out in my page how it fits with the turbo on.

I think ive recommended this on the last thread, but you want a wh1c actuator if you are going to use a Holset actuator. I just tested mine and it starts moving around 13psi and is fully open less than 20psi.

Still looking for this actuator if anyone has one, please let me know!

looks like ill be picking up an hx35 from a local shop for a good price i asked them if he has anymore he can put together and hes looking into it the one ill be getting will have a new center section and re furbished exhaust housings and comp covers but at a great price he can also do the hx40 in the T3 exhaust housing and internal wastegate or non gated housings. i think im going to try and get them to become a supporting vendor on here but if anyone is looking for a holset in the mean time shoot me a PM

I have an WH1C actuator in a box in my shop. Pm me your info. 10 bux plus shipping is cool with me LOL.. I will make sure it is all there.

I am seeing 19psi by 4000 rpms with the 2.3l, magnus SMIM and a pretty aggresive cam. I have my meth hooked up now so I am going to see if I can tune that spool to be faster. I am moving my meth nozzle to right before the throttle body. I had it plumbed into my magnus but I was sciphoning meth all the time.

That's awesome! Was hoping he would have done it with the HX35 though. I want to eventually get my car to LOW 11's with this HX35. All these little problems here and there are keeping me from going to the track to even get just a base run.

We're *possibly* going to get the car set up and running fast as hell with the HX40 then reinstall a HX35 since the turbos bolt up identically and use the same oil lines.

Dave sold the HX35 he was running last year to fund the HX40, but we know where it's at and we could probably borrow it for a night or two. :sneaky:

Well all my fittings are in for the feed. Here is a picture for reference. The plug was from my aeromotive afpr, I figure I'll attach a gauge here for the initial start up and then plug this off until I get my gauge set up in car.

Well all my fittings are in for the feed. Here is a picture for reference. The plug was from my aeromotive afpr, I figure I'll attach a gauge here for the initial start up and then plug this off until I get my gauge set up in car.

I'd like to see a pic of it all installed when you get it done.

joyfil2001 said:
I'd like to see a pic of it all installed when you get it done.

Yeah no problem. I have been keeping track of everything I have bought and such. I plan to create a blog or build thread that contains all the part numbers and where to get things. I really feel like some people are drawn away from a Holset because it just take a little bit of piecing things together instead of just a bolt on install kit.

Yeah no problem. I have been keeping track of everything I have bought and such. I plan to create a blog or build thread that contains all the part numbers and where to get things. I really feel like some people are drawn away from a Holset because it just take a little bit of piecing things together instead of just a bolt on install kit.

That's why I originally stayed away from it. Now I'm pissed I didn't do it sooner!

I'm in the process on putting my hx35 on and that coolant line going to the ofh was in the way so I took it off. I was wondering if it is ok to run the car with the water cooled housing, without any coolant lines hooked up because I would rather leave that housing on than buying an oil cooled one.

I'm in the process on putting my hx35 on and that coolant line going to the ofh was in the way so I took it off. I was wondering if it is ok to run the car with the water cooled housing, without any coolant lines hooked up because I would rather leave that housing on than buying an oil cooled one.

That's what I did. It will work just fine.

I dont understand all this "coolant getting in the way" stuff. All I did was plug what I demonstrated on the top of this page and had no issues assembling my oil gauge setup at the ofh.

I dont understand all this "coolant getting in the way" stuff. All I did was plug what I demonstrated on the top of this page and had no issues assembling my oil gauge setup at the ofh.

Maybe the 1g's have issues with the hardlines getting in the way. Judging from your pictures, looks like I could have kept mine. But I'm almost positive it was leaking coolant and the hardlines made it a pain in the ass to remove the O2 housing with the turbo still on the car. If you ask me, good riddance!

My coolant lines are still in place. I ended up unbolting them from their mounts to give them a little room for the Holset

The mounts is what makes it such a pain to remove the last bolt from the O2 housing. I'm so glad it's gone. I can now go from under the car and unbolt it with a ratchet when needed.

looks like ill be picking up an hx35 from a local shop for a good price i asked them if he has anymore he can put together and hes looking into it the one ill be getting will have a new center section and re furbished exhaust housings and comp covers but at a great price he can also do the hx40 in the T3 exhaust housing and internal wastegate or non gated housings. i think im going to try and get them to become a supporting vendor on here but if anyone is looking for a holset in the mean time shoot me a PM

I pm`d you about a t3 twin scroll housing for an hx40. Very interested in what sizes he can get them in. Is this something he is building or remanufacturing the stock holset housings?

Bad news from my hx35 set up first of all it will build boost sometimes only and only after 6500rpms. Second its already getting shaftplay I didnt check the oil pressure but im going to in a couple days. It doesnt smoke so im guessing its not enough oil. I might switch it to the OFH. This is only on a day of using it not sure whats going on.

Well you probably toasted that turbo. If your not seeing boost until 6500 rpms that should obviously be and oiling issue if you have no exhuast/boost leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back