The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meech Meimaris

Proven Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hackensack, New_Jersey
I'm a novice when it come to fuel modifications, so here's my statement/question:

I want minimize the amount of fuel starvation when road racing a car with a stock tank. The question is, (Using the link below); does anyone know which of the following Hydramat sizes would best fit the bottom of the stock tank between the main center baffles???

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/

NOTE: The one listed for Road Course and Circle track is 14"x30" but will not fit to the best of my knowledge in a stock tank as the mat must lay flat, this one is for Fuel Cell Applications.
Any help would be appreciated

For general interest, the previous owner replaced the stock fuel pump with one from a Toyota Supra, I have not yet verified this with a visual inspection, however I will when I install the Holley Hydramat.

Thanks,

Meech

Last edited:
Looks like a great product. Couldnt you just measure the underside of the tank? How would you plumb this to the fuel pump?

Well you could, but you would be way off there are baffles creating a forward compartment and baffles aft (rearward) creating only a 5 inch by 18 inch center section that is flat in the middle portion of the stock tank.

What I could probably do is run the mat up the front baffle by 4 inches and up the rear baffle by 4 inches as they sell magnets to hold the mat in place so theoretically I could keep the tank full and have the entire mat covered without incident and just purchase a larger mat. 15x18, I would use 12 magnets, 4 for each side and 4 on the bottom.

Thanks for your input.

I see, I overlooked the baffles. Well I guess most oem tanks have baffles of some sort so its probably something Holley has figured out. I might shoot them an email to see what they say.

If the mat is half uncovered it still draws from 1 side still,

I bought a mat but not got as far as making the tank for it yet, i got a rectangle with 2 outlets but its no longer listed so must of been a last version or something, just make sure its at the section that has the most amount of fuel in 1 location, as for the baffles, i dont know a 1G tank but maybe if you need more room then remove 1 baffle and use foam instead! It also stops fuel sloshing around

Any idea what would work for a stock 2g gsx tank? If I'm under a half tank I'm starving sometimes when I go WOT. I have a full blown dual pump hanger with 1 walbro 450 on it. Not sure if it's fuel starvation from stepping up to a larger pump, or if there is issues getting fuel from one side of the saddle bad style tank to the other due to the modified pump setup.
I'm not 100 percent on forum etiquette, so if me asking this question is disrespectful to the person who started this thread let me know. Just figured it's a good spot to throw this question. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back