The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

EVOscan High idle after driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm9221

Proven Member
Apr 10, 2017
Osceola, Indiana
so basically I have two questions in one. First off when I start the car it idles right around 1k rpms just fine but just recently as soon as I start driving it and come to a stop at say a stop light it idles at 2500 and doesn’t come back down,any ideas?

Second is occasionally when I floor it I get 36 counts of knock. never changes,the number always goes straight to 36 and stays there til I let off but if I ease into it I get 0. I’ve tried a new knock sensor and still nothing, I’m logging on evoscan thru an evo 8 ecu and maf

I used to had the high idle problem when i first got my dsm it was 2 things
1. The isc was bad and no o-ring
2. The throttle cable from the cruise control for some reason after the cars warms up it starts to pull holding the throttle plate open just enough to get a high idle
Also the thottle body might start getting stuck due to carbon build up after it heats up and last check the FIAV too it might letting air in after it warms up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back