The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

High beam indicator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolltidero

Proven Member
Jan 9, 2014
Madison, Alabama
A few months ago, I rear ended someone on the passenger side. Headlight was busted fender was replaced all of it. Since then, the high beam indicator on my cluster hasn't worked. I know it's stupid and useless but I'm kinda OCD about that kind of stuff. If anyone has any idea what it could be, it would be greatly appreciated.

We'll you might want to pull up the gauge cluster schematics and The headlight schematics for starters

With the information provided by the schematics find the indicator light and trace all the wires related to the high beams and the dash lights.
look for brakes in the wires like grounds , + connections ect..

It's Possible you pinched a wire in your accident and it's now shorting out,
But you most likely would have blown a fuse

Did you check over all the wires in the fender?

Do the 2g dash light bulbs have a polarity?

Do you get power to the bulb ?
It may be a simple ground problem.

A quality voltmeter with continuity will save your life in these situations

Sorry If I don't make sense , I usually just grab my book for my laser and just goto town on every wire related to my problem

Start crossing stuff off your list and be thorough

Ps electrical issues are a pain in the ars
good luck

We'll you might want to pull up the gauge cluster schematics and The headlight schematics for starters

With the information provided by the schematics find the indicator light and trace all the wires related to the high beams and the dash lights.
look for brakes in the wires like grounds , + connections ect..

It's Possible you pinched a wire in your accident and it's now shorting out,
But you most likely would have blown a fuse

Did you check over all the wires in the fender?

Do the 2g dash light bulbs have a polarity?

Do you get power to the bulb ?
It may be a simple ground problem.

A quality voltmeter with continuity will save your life in these situations

Sorry If I don't make sense , I usually just grab my book for my laser and just goto town on every wire related to my problem

Start crossing stuff off your list and be thorough

Ps electrical issues are a pain in the ars
good luck
I have a voltmeter but I'm not very good with electrical components. Like I can change bulbs and replace parts but I'm not good at finding problems. But when I do find it I at least know how to solder.

Is this a 2g turbo? First recheck the 10 amp "Hi Beam" fuse in engine fusebox. It's the 3rd one in from right in top row (for NT it's the 3rd from the left in bottom row). Don't just look at it (may not see hairline crack) - you must check it with multimeter (on ohms scale) to see if it has continuity (0 ohms). This is most likely the problem - otherwise there's a more difficult to find wire connection problem.

Last edited:
Is this a 2g turbo? First recheck the 10 amp "Hi Beam" fuse in engine fusebox. It's the 3rd one in from right in top row (for NT it's the 3rd from the left in bottom row). Don't just look at it (may not see hairline crack) - you must check it with multimeter (on ohms scale) to see if it has continuity (0 ohms). This is most likely the problem - otherwise there's a more difficult to find wire connection problem.
Ok I'll check that. and yes it is a turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back