The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hidden Tow hitch in a 2g? show me yours please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMnOOb00

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2006
FRESNO, California
I'm looking to install a tow hitch in my GSX, I need a way to carry two bikes without having to install a roofrack, altho I might end up getting a roofrack to carry other things.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with tow hitches

thanks

Why you gotta make me out to be a bad guy? :p

Lol, not a bad guy, just thought I would save you the keystrokes... I spent a week researching trailer hitches once. I would never put one of the ebay ones on my car. Drawtite makes the best hitch I have researched unfortunatly I don't think they make it anymore.

why so much roof rack hate?

I Stated it was a "FAD" well for honda owners. here where i live 8/10 honda owners sport a bike rack just for the fad. I talked to some honda owners in a group asking what was up with that, and they all said it was "japan style" to represent their cars region.. IDK :confused:

I Stated it was a "FAD" well for honda owners. here where i live 8/10 honda owners sport a bike rack just for the fad. I talked to some honda owners in a group asking what was up with that, and they all said it was "japan style" to represent their cars region.. IDK :confused:

Because everything Honda owner put on their cars is "JDM"

Let's not derail here into honda bashing... even though we know how much fun it is to make fun of aluminum grenades....

Does Yakima not offer a roof rack for these cars?

Well I did end up getting that kit Paul....they shipped it to me for a great price :cool:

Super easy install although I did have to hack off about an inch of my bumper on the right side

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hitch is only rated for 2000 lbs. I'm not sure what the limit of the car would be with a stronger hitch, but I personally wouldn't even want to pull 2000 lbs with mine. There's just alot of stress on the engine and drivetrain when pulling weight that the car wasn't designed for. So, even though the pulling car is capable, I'd still be conservative with it. I can tell when I have an empty 300 lb trailer behind me, so the added drag is definitely noticable, and more weight only compounds that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back