The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Hidden Tow hitch in a 2g? show me yours please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMnOOb00

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2006
FRESNO, California
I'm looking to install a tow hitch in my GSX, I need a way to carry two bikes without having to install a roofrack, altho I might end up getting a roofrack to carry other things.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with tow hitches

thanks

I hate to sound like jusmx141 but search button and google are your friend. A quick google will net you several threads on HERE that are nothing but trailer hitches.

i know our cars break sometimes but you dont need to carry a bike with you everywhere you go!!!! Lol

LOL LOL LOL

nice!

Ask a simple question, get a simple insult...

something like this

Attachments

• aj2bike.jpg
    aj2bike.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 915
You forgot the vw jetta's haha

EVERY biker I know who is into cars owns a Jetta so it makes sense for them to have a bike rack. Most of them take long trips to go to different skate parks at least once a week.

But I'd have to agree most Civic owners are just wannabes.

It's not hating per say...but sti's DSM's etc. are performance cars.

To quote it best, my dads NSX actually has a door jam sticker that says "do not tow with this vehicle"
Sure it would be capable, but it's not made for it!

come on! call mitsubishi and ask them if its recommended to install aftermaket parts or "tune" the cars... I'm sure they will say its not

I say do it till it breaks! or gets real close

I would never use a hitch that didn't attach to the frame rails. The thought of trying to pull 2000 lbs with that hitch scares me.

It's not hating per say...but sti's DSM's etc. are performance cars.

To quote it best, my dads NSX actually has a door jam sticker that says "do not tow with this vehicle"
Sure it would be capable, but it's not made for it!
LOL We do ALOT of things with these cars that they weren't made to do. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't or that it's a bad idea.

And not everybody is concerned with adding 40 lbs. or weight to their DSM. They're not all race cars...

And an FYI: The 2GB rear bumper cover hides almost all of the DrawTite hitch from view. Only the lowest point (receiver portion) is visible. The other bumper covers will expose more of the hitch overall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back