The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hey hey hey

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FryboyX

Probationary Member
Jan 8, 2016
Bardstown, Kentucky
hey all,

Figured I'd introduce myself.
The names fryboy.
Not a noob by any means.
Have had a 91 & 93 gst, 96 gsx, 95 rs and have just bought another 95 rs that I plan to build from the ground up.

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 48
Had the 91 & 93 in high school eventually junked the 91 as it was mainly a parts car then traded the 93 with 2k for the 96 that I sold shortly after I had my son a few years ago then I bought a 95 rs last year that I had planned to turbo but then the seller never produced the title so sold it for parts this past winter. Just picked up another 95 rs with a fresh rebuild in great shape other than the interior. It currently needs a throttle cable and gas pedal assembly because the cable locked up and like a dumb ass I tried to force it free and broke the pedal in 3 places. Reason for going 420a is because they are cheaper to maintain, easier to find new and used parts for, can make decent gains and retain reliability with low boost and a few supporting mods and just as fun as owning a gst. When all is done should be around $2k invested including price of the car you can't a find a decent 1g gst for $2k these days without putting at least another $1k-$2k in it for maintenance and repairs. This is my justification.

Also failed to mention I've had an 03 gs and a 02 stratus R/T with a 3.8 mivec swap but I hardly consider them dsm but none the less you can find me on club3g as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reason for going 420a is because they are cheaper to maintain, easier to find new and used parts for, can make decent gains and retain reliability with low boost and a few supporting mods and just as fun as owning a gst.

It felt like someone punched my soul

I have a friend that swears off 4g63 and will only work on 420a motors.. I haven't had him admitted to a mental hospital yet but it's getting close. LOL

Sounds like you've got a plan! Welcome aboard

Haha thanks! Yeah I posted here last year when I finally paid the old man for his 97 gs that was supposedly already mine since I was like 16 but he could never find the title and didn't want to go through the trouble of getting another one. So I've had a pretty late start. Will be doing a tech write up on the throttle cable & pedal today for anyone interested. I noticed there isn't a pedal R&R on here.

Still not sure what I'm doing for engine management yet.
I've got a 1g garret already.
I'm hoping to find a used manifold on here.
The rest will just be fab work.
Speaking of fab work I'll also be cutting the roof off of this one for a targa conversion after I get my strut braces and sub frame connectors FTW!!!!

What area on Facebook? I'm in Kentucky and I can't use the classifieds here until I'm a "proven member "

I've had all kinds.

If that 2g is a piece of crap just junk it. Don't waste money on a beat up shell just because you want a project car. For me a good dsm is complete and original interior, exterior, and under the hood. If 2 of those 3 aren't good the car is crap and you need to move on to the next one

If it's a really clean 2g I don't discriminate between 4g63 and 420a. I daily drive a t25 which is slower than a new Toyota Camry so have fun with either. Though I can tell you the turbo 4g63 with t25 gets better gas mileage than the 420a LOL neither of them are going to win any drag races so just enjoy what you have

Well the interior pretty has been much sun baked all of the color from the panels other than the dash and the headliner is garbage but, other than that the shell is pretty damn clean and 98% rust free and it has been treated good with a fresh rebuild from a local mechanic where I bought the car. I don't know if I'd consider this a project it's more of a learning experience to get me familiar with tuning. I plan to be boosting my 350z as well but the eclipse is going to give me the hands on I'm looking for.