The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Help With V3 Speed Density Tune And Leaning Out Idle And Cruise AF/R

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car Cannibal

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
Hi, I'm on my 3rd SD tune over the years on V3 and all 3 tuners seem to leave the idle and cruise around 14.3 AF/R (2nd guy had idle around 15.2 but cruised at 14.3).

I just had the tune done by a great tuner so out of respect I won't include their log. But the cars been inspected and is 100% good so there's no leaks or bad sensors.

How are you guys leaning out the SD tunes in closed loop?

I noticed that changing the SD map cells doesn't change anything because the cars in closed-loop. Then it doesn't matter if you mess with the maf comp settings because the box is checked in V3 that you're in speed density.

I'm afraid to mess with the injector deadtime because I know little about how it will affect the rest of the tune. I've read it has no affect at WOT or open loop so that's good because that part of the tune is killer.

Any tips will help, I have some familiarity with the program over the last 5 years so your recommendations won't go on deaf ears.

Appreciate it.

Thanks, but isn't the VE table the SD table?
If so, this table didn't do anything in those cells due to closed loop and my box being checked for SD table to ignore closed loop.

I'm trying to lean out idle and cruise from 14.3 AF/R to 15.0 etc.

Last edited:
This isn't Napster, you don't go disrespect your tuner by posting his hard work online, let alone the fact I paid big money for it. I read the posts, doesn't change the business ethics of it.

I'm just asking WHERE in the file do you correct a rich idle and cruise in SD?
Sounds like deadtime so far.

Thanks, but isn't the VE table the SD table?
If so, this table didn't do anything in those cells due to closed loop and my box being checked for SD table to ignore closed loop.

I'm trying to lean out idle and cruise from 14.3 AF/R to 15.0 etc.
Post a log. No idea what you're saying.

This isn't Napster, you don't go disrespect your tuner by posting his hard work online, let alone the fact I paid big money for it. I read the posts, doesn't change the business ethics of it.

I'm just asking WHERE in the file do you correct a rich idle and cruise in SD?
Sounds like deadtime so far.
The fact you wont post your log seems a little fishy and wont get you any help at all. No one can "steal" your tune even if they had the exact same set up as you, they will only work properly with your car. If anything you should be bragging/showing off if you have a tuner as good as you claim.
There's no setting you can change to simply correct a rich idle and cruise but if I were to shoot out an educated guess I'd say you need to change your OpenLoopMin/MaxOctane tab in Direct Access to hit 14.7 where you'd like (I'm guessing its closer to 14.3 in the circled area in the attached picture) and re-dial in your fuel which isn't all that hard, however if you're not competent in tuning I wouldn't suggest it. V3 can dial your fuel in cruising for the most part so the hardest part would be to adjust those tables.

Attachments

• 20171229_125418.jpg
    20171229_125418.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back