The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G help with lean idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexs' tsi

Probationary Member
May 3, 2015
Regina, SK_Canada
so i've got a 91 talon with a 2g maf, stock injectors and ecmlink v3 to run it, as well as a 3 inch exhaust, problem is when i go to adjust the biss screw to set proper idle using dsmlink to monitor isc position, the car will run lean (about 16:1) when you drop idle to a reasonable rpm (1000) but if you set idle too high (around 1400) it'll idle much better around (15:1) afr's. I'd like to firgure out why dropping the rpm's at idle to a reasonable value will cause the car to go lean? any help is appretiated

yup i have checked it with a multimeter and it has appropriate resistances, and as a matter of fact there is an exhaust leak i have just found today where the turbo elbow meets the downpipe before my wideband sensor, would that throw it off?

Yes that will throw it off. I had an exhaust leak in the same spot and my wideband read completely lean (22.4) at idle. As soon as I fixed the leak, it idled at 14.7 exactly like it should.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back