The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Help with identifying 2-wire plug (above rear diff)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
Hello everyone.

I was under the car checking for leaks around the gas tank area and I found what appears to be a connector with 2 wires, however one wire seems to be cut. I will attach two pics but generally it's right above the rear subframe and differential and behind the gas tank. It seems the wire that is cut is blue in color, but I can't make out the other wire's color.

A random guess would be ABS-related? My ABS light is actually on. Or could this be something related to the fuel tank and system?

I'd appreciate any help. I do also have the electrical manual but I can't make out the colors so hopefully someone knows what this is exactly. Thanks!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ABS is correct.

So there's a very high chance that my ABS light is on because of this? It's been on ever since I got the car; I managed to clear all the other codes but I can't even go into the ABS ECU and figure out the exact cause. I will try to fix this wire/connector and report back if it fixed the light. Thanks!

Just to update this; after looking harder at the connector wire it does in fact lead to the rear right ABS sensor, so our assumptions were correct. However, after fixing the broken wire I still have my ABS light on. Guess the problem lies elsewhere but at least we know for sure what this plug was and now it's fixed!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back