The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

help.........i have to slam my car into gear!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowridin2g

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2002
Pembroke, Massachusetts
k well heres the story. once my car has been driving for like 10 minutes or so, it gets harder and harder to shift gears/put the car in gear. i have to put the clutch all the way to the floor and even then rip it into gear or slam it. sometimes it wont even go and it will grind. i havent noticed any fluid leaking i just checked it and my level was like 3/4 full. i have 53k miles on the car. i really dont know what it could be. someone please help. :(

i had the same problem with 2nd gear and it turned out to be the tranny synchros.

mine does the same thing and it is pissing me off. i can get the tranny rebuilt for just about nothing, but i am lazy. it is getting worse. it started just in 2nd, now it sometimes is hard to get into first. 2nd is a bi***, i have to kinda lean up and SLAM it in if i am anywhere above 3k.

It's your clutch hydraulics, more than likely. Lot of that going around these days. Try bleeding the system first, then replacement if it doesn't fix it. Look for leaks at the slave and up past the pedals at the master.

yea the mechanic that works for my company said it sounds like it needs to be bled. he said sounds like air is or did get in the system. so tuesday hes gonna bleed it for me. i pray that will be my fix. cause now the clutch feels so wierd like i have to push it to the floor to get it in gear. then if i pump the clutch like 5 times, it will go into gear. he said thats a prime symptom of a clutch system that somehow got air into it and needs to be bled. its just i cant even drive the damn thing till tuesday. im crossing my fingers it just needs to be bled. hopefully no leaks in my lines either. i will def let u guys know how it went. :dsm:

You said the reservoir is 3/4 full, has it run dry before? I would bleed the system also. Thank god you don't have ATF, those problems are significantly worse.

sorry but what is atf? looks like automatic transmission fluid to me but i wouldnt be having clutch problems with an auto now would i? please clear up what ATF stands for. thanks :D

I was trying to say that if yer car had 2-pedals, the problems would be heavier than any 3-pedal with clutch issues. Of course, I lost the joke.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back