The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Hello all

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esquire the Bold

Proven Member
Aug 19, 2018
Austin, Texas
Hey everyone, just thought I'd go through with the official introduction! Recently picked up bone stock 2gb Talon TSi 5 speed with 48,000 miles on the clock. Car was not driven in the winter so there's hardly any rust and timing belt was done at 40K miles. Only subpar component are the brakes so I ordered Outlander brackets, rotors and Porterfield R4s pads.

Currently replacing all rubber coolant hoses and will throw in some new spark plugs with upgraded wires.

My second 4G63 vehicle as I previously owned an 03 Evo 8 (RIP). My current daily is a 2016 VW Golf R.

Norm

No
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow! I don't know what you paid, but that is a beautiful rare car right there. If I were you, I'd leave it alone for the most part and just enjoy it. With that milage and originality - it'll be worth way more down the road unmolested.

Thanks! For now, I'm just getting in some basic maintenance...even though it's in good shape, it's still a 20 year old car. If I do anything, it will probably be minor bolt-ons and keep the stock components. It's too easy to go fast in the VW R (an Accessport Pro-tune and intercooler upgrade puts it into 11 sec territory) to worry about seriously modding the DSM but I'll keep up on the maintenance.

I'll post a few more pics later on today.

A few more pics..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back