1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Hello all

Posted by Esquire the Bold, Nov 6, 2018

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Esquire the Bold

Esquire the Bold Probationary Member

Joined Aug 19, 2018
    Covington, Kentucky
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd go through with the official introduction! Recently picked up bone stock 2gb Talon TSi 5 speed with 48,000 miles on the clock. Car was not driven in the winter so there's hardly any rust and timing belt was done at 40K miles. Only subpar component are the brakes so I ordered Outlander brackets, rotors and Porterfield R4s pads.

Currently replacing all rubber coolant hoses and will throw in some new spark plugs with upgraded wires.

My second 4G63 vehicle as I previously owned an 03 Evo 8 (RIP). My current daily is a 2016 VW Golf R.

Norm

No Talon.jpg

My DSM:
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. techboy

techboy Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2018
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    Wow! I don't know what you paid, but that is a beautiful rare car right there. If I were you, I'd leave it alone for the most part and just enjoy it. With that milage and originality - it'll be worth way more down the road unmolested.

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

13.876 @ 106.97 MPH
  3. Esquire the Bold

Joined Aug 19, 2018
    Covington, Kentucky
    Thanks! For now, I'm just getting in some basic maintenance...even though it's in good shape, it's still a 20 year old car. If I do anything, it will probably be minor bolt-ons and keep the stock components. It's too easy to go fast in the VW R (an Accessport Pro-tune and intercooler upgrade puts it into 11 sec territory) to worry about seriously modding the DSM but I'll keep up on the maintenance.

I'll post a few more pics later on today.

My DSM:
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
  4. Esquire the Bold

Joined Aug 19, 2018
    Covington, Kentucky
    9FDAEE3C-6BC4-4755-892C-74201C560D4A.jpeg 8AA799CD-046E-48A9-BE90-FC9D45304164.jpeg E8097C44-0ECF-44AD-8FE2-EA9373A70C3A.jpeg

A few more pics..

My DSM:
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual