The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

heat only works when driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okay i checked all the fuses and they are all good. so where is the blower motor located?
caperfast my radiator fan is hooked up to the defrost button but it on turns on when the fan switch is turned on. could this cause my heat to not work? or atleast blow out the fan switch? it still lights up but it doesnt turn the heat on

Thermostat stuck open

This. Replace the thermostat and seal.

Dammit, just saw the fan not blowing part. Check the wires and grounds to the fan. See if you can get to the blower and see if you can move the cage with your hands. The cage is the part on the inside that spins to move the air about.

There also could be a foreign object stuck in the blower cage, like a mouse nest or leaves. Gross to think about, but I had a full blown mouse nest in my civic after it sat for 4 years...

There also could be a foreign object stuck in the blower cage, like a mouse nest or leaves. Gross to think about, but I had a full blown mouse nest in my civic after it sat for 4 years...

Can be very true, i had a pile of leaves in one in an integra i bought, cleaned it out, lubed it up a little and it worked perfect.

okay im not getting any power to my blower. where does the blower get it power from?
my blower is fine i put 12v to it and it turned on. im gonna just rig it to a toggle switch for the winter but i need the name of the part where the blower gets its power from so i can have it ready to install in the spring. does anybody know?

Check the relay for it under the hood and see if the relay is getting power. If it is then swap that relay with one of the same type and see if it works then. If it works, then replace the relay. If no power to that relay, trace the wiring for a break/ground.

My 2g eclipse does the same thing but it's because it loses antifreeze from the bad he'ad gasket
Bleed it out...lines I mean
Refill coolant
Drive fast

My 2g eclipse does the same thing but it's because it loses antifreeze from the bad he'ad gasket
Bleed it out...lines I mean
Refill coolant
Drive fast

OP has already said he gets no power to his blower.

For the OP, check what obsidian said. You can always run it off a toggle switch, i've done this a few times, but its always nice to have it run by the factory switch. Speaking of you should also check that to see if it has gone bad. Not often but it does happen.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back