The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Headlights/Horn constantly on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffinstar16

Proven Member
Apr 30, 2016
Spring Lake, Michigan
my headlights and horn wont turn off unless i pull the fuse. my headlights can go from ambers to low beams but not fully off. When i pull the highbeams, the lows dont turn off like they should , instead they just stick with the high beams. as for my horn, its basically like someone is laying on the lorn button. Non stop, one solid line of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. i bulled both horns out of my car (the one behind the battery and one infront of the wheel well) and just dealt with no horn for a bit. But with the colder months apporoaching id like ot fix it. I have already replaced the alternator choke fuse. I dont believe i have an aftermarket alarm system. I could be mistaken though. 4th owner of the car.

How many different threads are you going to start about the same problem? You're going to have to chase some wiring. Get a factory manual, a dvm and dive in. If you're not qualified I would suggest a quality stereo shop as they deal with this kind of stuff.
You state....I dont think I do...on aftermarket alarm. You need to find out for sure. All else you are just wasting your time.

A thought for your horn issue is perhaps your horn button on your steering wheel is either stuck or grounding out there. Best bet is to check underneath the airbag for loose, missing, or damaged wiring.

As for the headlights, it could be the actual switch itself at the steering column. Maybe a bum connection or just worn out from age.

my headlights and horn wont turn off unless i pull the fuse. my headlights can go from ambers to low beams but not fully off. When i pull the highbeams, the lows dont turn off like they should , instead they just stick with the high beams. as for my horn, its basically like someone is laying on the lorn button. Non stop, one solid line of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. i bulled both horns out of my car (the one behind the battery and one infront of the wheel well) and just dealt with no horn for a bit. But with the colder months apporoaching id like ot fix it. I have already replaced the alternator choke fuse. I dont believe i have an aftermarket alarm system. I could be mistaken though. 4th owner of the car.
Check the alternator fuse...when that goes bad it does exactly what you are describing at least it did for me.

I guess you already did that...is your charging system working...if not it could a broken charging circuit wire.

Last edited:

Definitely check for an aftermarket alarm first, then 1-2 hrs. ($100-200) would be spent wisely at a reputable auto electric shop. Cheaper and less time than buying a manual and trying to find yourself. I went down that road once and pay the pros now. Best of luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back