The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Headlights flipping open and closing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondobeater

Probationary Member
Oct 3, 2015
Austin, Texas
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and had a question about my headlights. When I turn on the lights on my 90 eclipse they flip up and down about 5 times then will stay up, same thing when I turn them off. If I click the button to hold them up with the lights off it does the same thing. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? Anything will help!

Unplug the motors and connect a test light to pins that usually connect to the motor. Activate the headlight switch and see if that test light flashes instead of turning on or off. If it does then there is either a loose wire or a bad relay. If the test light does not flash then one of headlight motors is going bad. Those motors have limit switches that can go out over time.
Here is a wiring diagram, hope it helps you:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Unplug the motors and connect a test light to pins that usually connect to the motor. Activate the headlight switch and see if that test light flashes instead of turning on or off. If it does then there is either a loose wire or a bad relay. If the test light does not flash then one of headlight motors is going bad. Those motors have limit switches that can go out over time.
Here is a wiring diagram, hope it helps you:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Thanks a bunch I'll look into it.

It's fine your car just like to wink!:tease:..sounds like a bad relay.If you need any parts I have a headlight assembly you can have.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back