The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Headlight Mod.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danse Macabre

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2002
Rockledge_FL
Hey, I have a 90 Talon and as everyone knows, this year has the pop-up headlights. Personally, I really dont like pop-up headlights, is there anyway that anyone knows to modify them to be, "stationary". Kind of like what you can do to the RX7 headlights, if anyone knows what im talking about. I also want to do something witht the corner lights, I dont know what yet, either make them look nicer, or find a way to take them out. If anyone has any input on any of the two, let me know.

oh my goodness i cant belive know one has mentioned the GIANT thread about this in the non perfromance section, as well as on dsm talk. Some kid is building acustom set to drop in to the 90 search around.

you mean the set up to convert to 92+ headlights? i think some of us like the look of flip-up lights that aren't open, gives the car a more aggresive look... in my opinion

Lemme just add to this again, since for some reason I just got another update email today after I thought i unsubscribed. If your car has popup headlights, it has the chicklet fuse. This is all 89-91s. The chicklet fuse may be attached to the side of a larger harness with black electrical tape. It only has two (2) wires going into it on one side, and none coming out the other. This is on the PASSENGER.....side floor panel. Full instructions with pictures are on my page here. http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=155904&page=10 good luck!

Jason

While drinking over the past weekend a buddy and I decided that it would look badass with them down, shining through the lense. Figured out which fuse and was lovin it. The next day I realized that not that much light came through the lense and that a cop probably wouldn't like the idea that much if he figured out what was goin on. So, today i took the front lense off and with a dremel, cut the inner clear plastic piece of both the lense's off. Now, it looks like a normal car with fixed headlights, and my fog lights are bright enough for me to see with neway. Only problem i forsee is that condensation can get in now but guess what, THERE WAS FRIGIN CONDENSATION IN THERE BEFORE, so it doesn't matter. It's not hard to crank the popups halfway open if I ever want em that way or just put the fuse back in and be completely funtional. Just my thoughts.

i was talking about to convert to the "rx-7" lights you know the ones that are down all the time with lenses inside a panel

Originally posted by natijuice
Figured out which fuse...

do you mean in the fusebox? if so, what fuse? th one i pulled won't allow the foglights to turn on

The fuse box, under the hood on the passenger side right by the wheel well. Center fuse, 50amp i think, Pink. Its in a line of 5 fuses all the way on the right of the box if your standing by the side of your car by the wheel. It controls the motors and that's it.

The fuse box, under the hood on the passenger side right by the wheel well. Center fuse, 50amp i think, Pink. Its in a line of 5 fuses all the way on the right of the box if your standing by the side of your car by the wheel. It controls the motors and that's it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back