The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build headlight dash light dimming and flickering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibxlegendx

Probationary Member
Jan 4, 2018
San Diego, California
Forgive me if this is somewhere out there. I have been looking for the past 2 months and nothing.2g eclipse spyder gs. HEadlights dim and interior lights dim. Also dash lights flicker with the turn signal. I have a new alternator and new battery. ive checked the voltage. I have also checked grounds behind the throttle body and the one from the battery to firewall. Is there another ground? I checked ground behind the radio, they look good. I don't know if its a ground or a bulb. Its been frustrating. all exterior lights are working. Any idea what else to look into? It doesn't seem to flicker when hazards are on, just when the turn signal is on.I press the gas pedal and lights get brighter.

Last edited:
Sounds like the alternator is not keeping up with the increased load of the tail lights, even if the alterntor is new or reman, if its not a genuine Mitsubishi unit then its suspect, the parts store China or Mexico reman units are largely junk hit or miss. The regulator in them is slow to respond to load changes and usually will fail soon.

even if its brand new? its as new ACDelco alternator. everything works fine its just the lights dim and dash flashes with turn signal. even when i had the old battery and alternator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back