The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Have to start over...my new budget build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herms99gst

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2009
stanley, Virginia
So after 3 years of building my dream motor, and being so close to having it complete I had to sell my block and head for pesonal reasons. Its been a rough year with me losing 2 jobs and taking a almost ten dollar a hour pay cut. Things needed to be paid off and my wife and I had to make some financial decisions that we thought we never would have to make. So that being said I have no motor and im at stage 1 again. But on a positive note i still have a lot of prts left over. My 2g bc 272's, 6 bolt arp's, evo 6 pistons, and 6 bolt rods. And i know of a motor out of a laser at a local junkyard for 250. I have no clue rather its a 6 or 7 bolt but i honestly don't care. The plan is to refurbish the 6 bolt rods and use some arp 2000 rod bolts. Hopefully the block dosnt need to e bored over so I can use these new oem pistons. If its does I'll just use some ebay ones. Depending on the motor I might need to buy are trade my head studs. If the oil pump is within spc. I am going to replace all the seals nd throw in a bs delete. Obviously new t-belt ad components with a new water pump is going to be thrown on as well. Im going to pinch pennys where i can while still retaining a solid build. The head will recieve engnbuildr valves and some sort of spring and retainers. New valve stem seals and the propper machine work as well. Ill do all the gasket matc porting myself. Budget is to stay arund 13-1500 dollars wich I think is very attainable. I just need to keep my eyes on the classifieds. Goal...450hp. Let me know if this sounds pretty solid. The head will be built good bc eventually I plan on doing another solid bottom end...But thats down the road..

I feel sorry for ya man, that really sucks. Im in the process of building my motor right now. As far as pistons go on your new build, I would use (oem) or something else rather then ebay pistons. I had a friend that has had alot of bad luck with parts from ebay. Hope everything works out well, keep us updated!!!

Best of luck to ya and believe me i know how it is too.. I wont' go into it once again (seems i'm always beinging it up) but i went fromhaivng a LOT for my lifestyle to now having almost nothing, but we gotta count the blessings we get, work with what we can come across or obtain and make the best of what we got. If there's things you need that you can't get that i might have used and not doing anything with shoot me a PM list and maybe i can donate something your way to help out

Bad story but nice to see you are getting back into the swing of things. Subscribed!

Thanks everyone and yea its tough, nut like turboglenn said you have to count the blessings you have. I already have half the money for the motor so hopefully by mid january i'll have it in my garage. I think and hope this will work out. I drove my car once 3 years ago with a blown headgasket and ive wanted to get behind the steering wheel again since than. Ill keep the progress coming....it may be slower than most builds but ill keep everyone informed. And im praying I can use these oem evo pistons.....it would be awesome. Thanks everyone

I will man thanks everyone for your support. Ill post from the first parts I order to my assembly. Ill more than likely use the t-25 untill I get more funds. But im teaching myself to do some mikd porting so im gonna go crazy LOL....not too crazy tho.

So im tossing some ideas around in my head for the direction I want to go with this build. Like it says I will be using a stock long black with a 2g piston...evo6. I was wondering if the hy-35w could be maxed out on a stock block? It's not completly stock, but close enough. The major changes will be arp2000 rod bolts and arp mains. So is this a good goal to shoot for? This is a budget build so keep that in mind. Over the next year or so the classifieds will b my best friend. Also, anyone running a similar setup I as just wndering if you are sticing with the oem ptw nd ring gaps? I don know if the hyprneutic piston expands much if at all. Just wanted some input on this topic. Hy's can be picked up pretty cheap on the dodge forums. Kinda sucks knowing ive had my hands on the big hx35, hy35w, and a externally gated h1e....sigh LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back