The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hard to find connectors for DSMs now available at JNZ Tuning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most of those ECU connectors are easy to find. This thread is about hard to find connectors ;)

Plugs, Pins, and Connectors - EvoEcu

In addition to the 2G MAF and 1991-99 ignitor connector that JNZ is showing, they also got the 6 pin injector resistor/IACV connector, both the male and female side of it.

We are getting closer and closer to having all the connectors available to us DSMers for a new harness

Are you telling me NURT doesn't actually have the connectors in stock??

Mouser does list many of those parts as being in stock. Not sure why they aren't shown on EVO wiki website.

How about male and female ends for IAC valve so us 1990 guys can switch over to a much cheaper 91-94 model?

They are available

Most of those ECU connectors are easy to find. This thread is about hard to find connectors ;)

Plugs, Pinsim and Connectors - EvoEcu

In addition to the 2G MAF and 1991-99 ignitor connector that JNZ is showing, they also got the 6 pin injector resistor/IACV connector, both the male and female side of it.

We are getting closer and closer to having all the connectors available to us DSMers for a new harness

Ok. Here is a very hard connector to find that i have been looking for. I don't even know if it exist. But this would be a great connecto to have.
I'm looking for a male plug connector that will connect to the 1g tps female harness connector. This plug connector will be like the plug side of the 1g tps. I need this so that I can make my own wiring harness for a ford tps to connect to the 1g tps electical harness. This way i can switch back and forth between 1g tps and ford tps should i need to switch back throttle bodies. I don't want to cut and solder into the electrical harness. I want to make it a plug and play harness. Just like there one for converting to speed density or one for the 2g guys to use a 1g cas. Well, i would love it if there was a coonector to plug a ford tps to 1g dsm harness.

JNZ has them. I think the part number is CON-NMWP6F and CON-NMWP6M, but call Josh and I am sure he will be able to get the right part.

Why do you need this? Just to add a little extension to the harness? If so, how long of an extension does it need to be? Or do the pin locations need to be changed too?

JNZ has them. I think the part number is CON-NMWP6F and CON-NMWP6M, but call Josh and I am sure he will be able to get the right part.

Why do you need this? Just to add a little extension to the harness? If so, how long of an extension does it need to be? Or do the pin locations need to be changed too?

Brad, if you are referring to my post, then yes, the extension to the harness will be quite a bit longer. The throttle body must be repositioned in order to clear. This is for a ford throttle body and of course, this requires a ford tps in order to work. I don't want to cut the stock female tps harness connector and solder a Ford connector and extend the wiring. Instead, I would like to make my own extension harness that will plug to the 1g tps harness and the ford tps. This way, if I ever decide to go back to the 1g throttle body and stock tps or just basically change the setup, I can easily do it by simply unplugging the
Adapter ford to 1g harness and just swap tb and tps without cutting and re-soldering wires again running the risks of constant heat and causing damage
Or any side effects from numerous heat cycles to the wiring and such.

And if this is for me, well I just hate buying AIC motors at around 200.00 when a 91-94 is the same but I just need to extend the harness enough to get to the later style plug built into those years and everything on my car is plug and play in case for some reason I need to go back to the original. Thanks Brad, those numbers are probably good for my application!!!

I was responding to the question about IACV connectors.

My only suggestion to you might to consider putting the 1990 TPS connector inline, and then have a little adapter harness from that to the newer style TPS or the Ford TPS.

Thats my goal. It only needs to be 6" long maybe. I can make the harness if I have the plugs. Wish I would have grabbed some off of one of my old cars but I didn't. Thanks brads!

It depends on what you mean by good. If you mean one that does both crimps at the same time, designed specifically for that part, then it probably is well over $100. Typically those factory hand crimpers are in the $100-$400 range.

If you mean it makes an acceptable crimp, one at a time. But is still a universal crimper, then the Hozan P-706 crimper is a great choice. and $50-$60. After trying it on a few parts, I'd say it is one of the best universal ones I have found.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back