The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hard to find connectors for DSMs now available at JNZ Tuning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post up in here about these connectors we are starting to carry. Often we get phone calls from customers regarding engine wiring woes. These cars often see high under hood temps and that is brutal on wiring connectors. As many of you have found out Mitsubishi does not sells these connectors separate and you are unlikely to go down to your local parts store and get pig tails there.

We have had great success selling the 1G motor in a 2G car cables as well as the 1G Cam angle Sensor Pigtails over the years. Naturally we wanted to expand our offering and help you fix up your wiring harnesses.

So far we have kits for the 1990 & 1991-94, which will have do it yourself parts with the connectors, pins and boots. And will cover the injectors, CAS, TPS, Knock Sensor & MAF. Hoping to have 2G kits out in the future as well.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We also have a bunch of individual connectors available here:
Connectors & Wiring : JNZ Tuning

Any questions please ask!

Hey I saw the 1g MAF connectors on your website. Would you ever consider offering this in a pigtail? Somebody chopped the 1g maf connector off my MAF translator and I don't know exactly how to put the wires inside the connector you're offering. But if there was a pigtail it would be a cake walk for me!
I know that's asking an awful lot but I thought I'd atleast toss it out there.

cool do any of your connectors come with the little metal clip that holds it in place ? for example the CAS plug ?

Any connectors that should have a metal retaining clip will have them installed, i.e. 1G cam angle sensor, throttle position & injectors.

Hey I saw the 1g MAF connectors on your website. Would you ever consider offering this in a pigtail? Somebody chopped the 1g maf connector off my MAF translator and I don't know exactly how to put the wires inside the connector you're offering. But if there was a pigtail it would be a cake walk for me!

Just to clarify, are you asking for the connector with the male terminals, like what is on the MAF? That is the connector that comes on the MAFT harness. If you want that as a pigtail, then yes it is available. You will also want to buy a few of the hole plugs, as the MAFT used only 5 of the 8 wires on that connector, if I remember right.

Do the connector come with the terminals or you would have to purchase them separately (i.e. NMWP8PM )? Are the JFC terminals available as well?

Now, we just need the pinning tool to professionally pin crimp the connectors to the wire pigtail end.

And those don't come too cheap.

What about some of us that have rock hard wires coming from the harness to the injectors? What recommendation of wire to use in this application for replacement when we get ready to attach new injector connectors?

thx _DSM

Do the connector come with the terminals or you would have to purchase them separately (i.e. NMWP8PM )? Are the JFC terminals available as well?

Connectors come with both terminals, and wire seals. The JFC terminals and wire seals are available. You can buy just terminals and seals if you want. And cavity plugs are available too.

Now, we just need the pinning tool to professionally pin crimp the connectors to the wire pigtail end.

And those don't come too cheap.

What about some of us that have rock hard wires coming from the harness to the injectors? What recommendation of wire to use in this application for replacement when we get ready to attach new injector connectors?

thx _DSM

I am betting once these are out for a bit, someone will find a cheap crimping tool that will work.

A common automotive grade wire currently used on cars is SXL, GXL, or TXL. The pigtails for these are made with 18 AWG GXL wire. And most of the pigtails are 2 ft. long.

Crimper tool, I use the one for GM weatherpacks. Real common and cheap. Delphi Packard GM Weather Pack Weatherpack Weather Pac Crimping Tool Kit | eBay

JNZ:
Hey I didn't see a listing just for the CAS connector? The TPS and CAS plugs are similar but one has an additional notch or lack of a notch. I realllllllly need that one!

Great way to be innovative by the way, good job!

Try that crimper out, I don't know if it will work. I have used that one on similar terminals before and didn't like the results. My favorite crimpers that I've used in these are labeled "super crimper" and cost just a few bucks, but I haven't seen them available in years.

The CAS connector is available as a pigtail or as part of the kits.

If you could get the temperature sensor connectors that would be perfect. I cant remember how many DSM harnesses ive looked through and all of them have broken wires for thermostat housing, or the rad fan switch.

Brads,
Thanks for chiming in with the information. (In case you guys didn't notice, Brad has probably forgotten more about 12 volt wiring than most of us will ever know.

Working on a Coolant Temperature Sensor plug currently.

We know that the good crimping tools are not cheap, particularly if you are only going to use it once or twice. Hence why we are offering the pig tail upgrade one most applications with high quality wire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back