The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Gutted

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tywire

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2018
Victoria, BC_Canada
First things first...

91 layzer RS
Sound chassis.
Rebuilt 4 banga.
1 year in farm field.
On the shop floor...
Asess...

Full gut, mate. Just dash and front seats intact. I want to get this girl mean for the street. You fellas got any ideas as to what I can freely achieve now to get as much performance out of her as possible and keep her in prime condish? I've got ten days before roll out.

Bam

Some good A vice, Dusty beaver!

They want 15 bucks a pop for lifters here in Shamada. Going to hit ebay. It would be nice if I had an extra 3 grand and 2 weeks to take a holiday with the car, show her zome good lovin.

I'll get some burnout shots on here when shez tuned.

Thus far:

Siereous hésitation problem... Fuel filter, flex pipe bandaid and fixed! At least it seems to be.

Just picked up a good set of toyo winters for a buck 25. Gotta throw the new clutch master in and should be ready to roll.

So,

I put the new master in... Didn't work. Spongy, no amount of bleeding or adjusting yielded results. Upon further inspection I found the flex hose section was rotted, weeping and ballooning in a section. Obviously that's the problem right? Well, Changed that bled the system again and bam. Right back where I started. Spongy, spongy spongy. The slave looks new and isn't weeping fluid at all. What am I missing, fellas?

Thanks.

Fork is centered. Slave takes up slack. Clutch action creating a loud squeaking. Front wheels off ground w/ engine running and wheels spin fast... In nuetral. Serious clutch drag me thinks. Still no satisfaction... Or does dropping the tranny have some sort of correlation to automotive 2nd base?

Yee haw.

Does step height mean how close or far away the flywheel is in relation to the pressure plate? Do you shim it to compensate after machining?

Does step height mean how close or far away the flywheel is in relation to the pressure plate? Do you shim it to compensate after machining?
Nope. Step height is the distance of the flywheel surface to the pressure plate mounting pads.
Check your pedal assembly for wear. Its a known failure point.

Pedal is good and tight.

I performed a ghetto bench bleed\ primeof the master and the clutch is working like it should now. Could use another less ghetto bleed: I whittled down the end of a 1/4 in fuel line and stuffed it into the outlet on the master. Not completely air tight me thinks.

Well. On to the next tasks. Wheel bearing and tie rod on driver side, thus completing all front end wirk. New rad and ISC installation, brake fluid flush and new rubber. Also going with the shorty throttle cable mod, no cruise. Decided im going to take out the headlight motors too. Manual head lights. Im also whipping up a mad cold air intake that might get a few laughs. Ill get some photos up asap.

Peace.

Heres a sneak preview of the cold air intake. Im not going to give any more hints! Completed job photos coming asap.

Also, has any one ever bought an isc from dsmisc.com? I want to makr sure theyre legit before I cough it up. Thanks, boys.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thar she blows! Sucks, actually.

Build cost: 12 bucks for some fancy green welding rods.

Salvaged old rig exhaust from junk pile. Pounded a piece of copper sheet to cover stock air inlet and wrapped hay wire around it to hold er down. That there is a damn near stock cold air intake. Its all just roughed in at the mo. Finished product will be a little shorter and have some sort of removable rain deflector.

Fellas,
Trying to figure out the particulars of running a boost controller... I want to install an afm boost gauge and crank it up a few points. Is the boost level for a stock turbo 4g63 around 11 lb?

Another thing thats got me confused is whether or not increasing the boost a bit is going to cause an imbalance in af ratios which will lead to the need for tuning with an interface. I cant afford that stuff yet. Can i safely run 15 lbs of boost without tweaking the ecu?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I finally insured the old girl and took her on a 3 hour highway hall. Car ran f@#$%n great. Next day went to fire her up and she's bucking like a wild Bronco. Cleaned the maf, nothin... I suspect a massive boost leak. The intercooler looks it's are and I'm suspecting it's blown out. You fellas think it's be easier to switch over to a front mount or are good condition side mounts easy to find in the USA? Fac all up here in Canada.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back