Comox, BC, Canada
    First things first...

91 layzer RS
    Sound chassis.
    Rebuilt 4 banga.
    1 year in farm field.
    On the shop floor...
    Asess...

Full gut, mate. Just dash and front seats intact. I want to get this girl mean for the street. You fellas got any ideas as to what I can freely achieve now to get as much performance out of her as possible and keep her in prime condish? I've got ten days before roll out.

Bam

2. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    This post is super vague. We cant possibly help without knowing what you are trying to do. Budget? Goals? Why the ten days?

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
    93AWDDSM likes this.
  3. Tywire

Tywire Probationary Member

Joined Jan 3, 2018
    Comox, BC, Canada
    Goals:
    Better performance, long life.

Budget:
    Very broke.

10 days:
    Must drive to new job 400 Km away!

4. Tywire

Joined Jan 3, 2018
    Comox, BC, Canada
    Also,

Much respect, wiseman. As you can see the need for speed is paramount! This car is going to be a long distance commuter and soon. I dont know my way around them and dont want to overlook anything that could deprive me of a functioning vehicle and or freely achieved hp. Hope that's specific enough.

5. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Hmm, if you just want cheap performance stuff then look up 1g dsm free mods. It's all the stuff people used to do back in the day when most dsms were stock. Other then that, just fix anything that is broken? :)

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

16g   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
  6. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    If you just got this car then maintenance is first. Belts, hoses etc. You need documented history or fix it yourself. I wouldn't even do a free mod right now. How much have you driven it? Are you saying it's gutted or you plan to gut it. We need more info. Does it run now?

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
    93AWDDSM likes this.
  7. Tywire

Joined Jan 3, 2018
    Comox, BC, Canada
    Runs. Kid rebuilt the engine with his old man. 20thou K on rebuild. Its been parked and hadnt run for a year. She barks up nice. After taking it up to the gas station I discovered a fuel leak at the rail connection. She was idleing fast while the leak was present. I changed the o ring but havent run it since as shes up on jackstands getting fluids and filters done as well as any obvious stuff buttoned. Clutch needs to be adjusted me thinks. And yes, Ive ripped out the interior. I will proceed as instructed with routine maint and post again if any gremlins rear their ugly heads. 5 40 penz platinum synthetic engine. 75 90 lucas synthetic trans.

8. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    No way I would drive it far without a full timing belt job. It's been sitting in one place too long.

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
  9. Tywire

Joined Jan 3, 2018
    Comox, BC, Canada
    Shoot man, truck! Im waiting on the full service manual to come in the mail. Good point, Pauley. Ill get the cover off and have a look asap. Thanks.

10. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    Visual inspection likely won't tell you much. If it does then that's way worse. You will spot leaks. Fix them.

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
  11. chrysler kid

chrysler kid Proven Member

Joined Dec 20, 2002
    Mckinney, Texas
    1g pulls puss so hard bro, you need to invest in rubbers by the hundred pack. Don't even sweat anything else, just make a bed frame in the hatch and call it done.

12. Tywire

Joined Jan 3, 2018
    Comox, BC, Canada
    Banjo fitting for the turbo oil feed appeared to be leaking...hard line was wet all the way down to the top of the turbo. Got a wrench on there to snug it up and the banjo bolt spun into two pieces! And yes I understand over torqueing. Luckily I was able to spin out the portion left in the head by hand. Makes me wonder about the rebuild...hopefully those boys had there torque wrench handy.