The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Gsx problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattedUpCAT

Probationary Member
Mar 18, 2018
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Ok so I’m very new to dsmtuners I hardly use it and I really need to start using it more often. My current problem right now and this may be on another post I just couldn’t find it. I bought a 1995 Eclipse gsx for around 7k it has some nice mods on it and it’s very clean but the day after I got it I believe I’m in the first stages of crank walk. I’ve literally driven this car like a grandma being the fact it has a new engine in it. So I’m guessing I’m havibg a tuning issue because it seems I was running very lean. So fast forward I bought a new motor and I’m about to put it in. I have ecmlink there is a tune on it currently. My question would be before getting it retuned should I place the stock tune back on the car and break the motor in that way?

I would keep the tune the same unless you have changed things like injectors, speed density. If all you changed was the engine then I think you'll be good on the old tune. I've always been under the impression that you need to be driving the car immediately and getting under boost and heavy vacuum as the rpms drop when you break-in a motor. In other words, don't screw around for an hour and a half letting it idle and such while you figure out how to use the ecmlink. The car needs to be ready to drive as soon as you start it. This has worked great for me on both my engines.

Well it’s running lean because of the tune. It was running lean ever since I got it. I have no idea what’s in this car and I have learned my lesson on buying a car I know nothing about.

What is there to know? The turbo and injectors are right there to be identified. Take off the valve cover and identify the cams. The intake manifold is sitting right there. You don't really need to know anything else.

Why would it take more then 2 mins to get running driving base tune that isn't lean?

Maybe take a look at your current tune and figure out where things are and make sense. Or, since it doesn't sound like much was done to the car, reset everything to factory and adjust for your injectors.

Why would it take more then 2 mins to get running driving base tune that isn't lean?

Maybe take a look at your current tune and figure out where things are and make sense. Or, since it doesn't sound like much was done to the car, reset everything to factory and adjust for your injectors.
So you are saying I can put the stock tune back on and just ajust my injectors to the correct cc?

What I am saying is, if you compare your most recent settings to factory settings (Don't have to have a running car to do this) you should be able to identify if anything is way off or not. If it is way off, reset it to stock. If you know you way around ECMlink or you are a quick study, you can get the car dialed in enough to safely run in about 10 mins or less. It may not idle perfect or you may have WOT tuning left to do, but with your limited mods, it should be pretty quickly "base tuned".

Please post your latest log along with the "the list"
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/wa...r-receive-no-replies-from-the-wisemen.443297/

We might be able to get you something that should get the car safely driveable before you even turn the key. I'm not a wiseman, and my tune isn't perfect, but attached is my latest log. I have a similar set-up as yours save the Cams (16g, FMIC, 810CC injectors, intake, exhaust, stock bottom end).

Attachments

• log.2018.04.20-02.elg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Alright it Ended up throwing a rod so I’ll be switching over to a stock motor from a auto gst. I might be able to reuse the head not sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back