The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

GSX or GS-T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGruff

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2002
Greer_SC
K looking into trading in my NT eclipse for the real thing. I finally got all my parts picked out and i am ready to go..but. I need the car first. Now i have the money to get either a GS-T or a GSX. I know the GSX gives your more traction but more parts to break. The GS-T is oposite. so what should i do guys? Your opinions are needed. Here is a run down of my Parts Wish List.

Engine

Free Mods
NGK spark plugs
Mag 8.5m Wires
Injen Intake
Lightweight Pulleys
Greddy BOV
Joe MBC
VOD Boost and EGT Gauges
Lo-Tek Dual A-POD
HKS TT
Apexi-N1
Hi-Flow Cat
Eliminator 02 and Down pipe Combo
Ported Exhaust Manifold
650c injectors
Extreme Fuel Pump
S-AFC
Greddy FMIC
Big16g Turbo, Ported and Clipped.

Suspension/wheels/Apperence

18x8 Konig Tantrums 225/40/18 712’s
Eba Pro Kit Drop
KYB Adj Shocks
Carbon Fiber Tail lights

Originally posted by xleRateGSX

I just realized twiste has a GS. So is this in my favor? I sure hope so...

yea, that was directed towards you...and i dont give a flying fudge-sicle if he could beat me! :D :thumb: I never said my car was fast. I'm just saying, that I would take my car turboed than a turbo version of my car, if that makes sense.

Originally posted by twiste

yea, that was directed towards you...and i dont give a flying fudge-sicle if he could beat me! I never said my car was fast. I'm just saying, that I would take my car turboed than a turbo version of my car, if that makes sense.

:thumb:

I had the same question to figure out when I was getting my 2G. I went with the GST, because of the weight difference and less drivetrain parts to break. But, knowing what I know now, I probably would go the GSX route for two reasons. The weight difference is minimal and you really don't hear GSX owners talking about how they broke their AWD drivetrain.

95 GS-T

I would go GSX too. I couldn't afford one when I first got my car, so thats why I went with a GsT (Mitsubishi dearlership). Get one if you can, because of the 4wd. I'll be converting mine in the future.

^^^not a likely option unless you are going to dish out a lot of money...it would be more cost-effective and less time consuming to just sell your car and buy a GSX...

Originally posted by Beef Lo Mein

I found and 97 GSX modded. I assume the 97 that I am interested is pretty safe from the crankwalk problem, no?

Nothing is safe from cranwalk, not even 1Gs (although it's far less common)
The truth is that virtually any 2G, be it early or late model, will have some crank end play, the question is only whether it turns into a full blown crankwalk on you sooner then later. (There were '99 models that walked in less then 2K miles !!!!)

My 1G gave me one hell of a scare a week ago woth CW sound, but it turned out to be a blown tranny ... (scary isn't it, thinking of tranny failure as a good thing :rolleyes: )

As for AWD vs FWD, AWD is just a better overall value. Allows you to *handle* more power.

i personally like fwd's .... i have had plenty of seat time in awd's ... but i am making my 92 tsi fwd into a track car and i am going to use a lsd so i don't think traction loss will be to big of an issue ... anyways road/race have some nice fwd turbo track cars that run IMPRESSIVE lap times ... but it is all a matter of personal preference

I have a 95 Tsi Awd with 100k miles on it and i have not experienced any signs of crankwalk. As for the FWD , I have raced some on the highway and off the line. Beat them everytime and i onlyl have an intake and BOV running 16psi. As for the handling, my AWD will take highway on and off ramps 60mph no problem with a little suspension tuning. GO WITH THE AWD

I figure it all depends on what you wanna get out of or car. If you're looking to smack up every person that rolls up on you at a traffic light... go for the gsx. On the flip side, if you cruise the freeways looking for a challenge, go for the gst. I have a gst and love the hell out of it. The whole problem I had was availability. Gsx's are a #@%#@%#@%#@%#@% to find, atleast one with low mileage and/or hasn't been driven to shi+ ... I got my dsm from a dealership for the simple fact they had all of the maintainance records on my car, so I knew what I was getting into( turns out the owner before me ravaged the clutch and put some cheap-ass cross drilled rotors on my ride... the fukers had cracks in'em) ConcordMitsu replaced the clutch and rotors and pads for free!!! N E ways, it really comes down to the driver( I suk a$$ with ff cars!) cause by third gear a T can overtake an X.

I pulled on an F-14 Tomcat the other night in my GS- with turbo kit the other night, and the pilot was like HOLY SH%T!!!!!! So a GSX should be NO match for me! GSX KILLA IN DA HOUSE!!!!:laugh:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by green95hrcgs
I pulled on an F-14 Tomcat the other night in my GS- with turbo kit the other night, and the pilot was like HOLY SH%T!!!!!! So a GSX should be NO match for me! GSX KILLA IN DA HOUSE!!!!:laugh:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I smack you around for a little bit?

Originally posted by e1allen
I think once my fiance make's me get rid of my car, on top of the car being gone in the first place, I do believe I will miss the awd part the most.

Do NOT give in !!

Every Fiance and Wife will try to make you sell your old car as a symbol of selling your old life. Keep it as spare, keep it as a racer, store it in your backyard, but under no circumstances you should give in and sell it!
(You won't get any substantial amount of money out of it anyway)

Please trust me on that.

Dont Give In!
LoL
my girlfriend is trying to get me to not mod my car...

O PUH LEASE!

"she was like its only a car it can be replaced."
i said?
"true! now you and my car have something in common"

Think of it this way... if you go with a GSX, will you ever regret it?

If you go with a GST you might.

I like both, both are good for their own thing, but the key is to make the choice with the least regrets later on.

Good luck.

well i have tons of highways around where i live and ive had many hours of driving time in both FWD and AWD 2gs turbos and ill say i liked the awd launching abilities as it just hooks right up to the road but as for fwd i think for my tastes fwd is way better for where im sitting this is becuase of my friends 350+ hp Eagle talon Fwd and my cousins 300+ GST on the highway lets just say those slightly modded supra owners dont expect you to keep going past 135 mph haha the looks on their faces are priceless high speed is wat Fwd is all about as for the awd i do enjoy their non slip turning abilities and insane launches you turn heads when your at a stop light and one sec its red the next second your 10 car lengths in front of who ever you are racing haha just my opinions though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back