The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

General GSX less than half tank cuts fuel/boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdd536

Probationary Member
Sep 14, 2018
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Heres my issue:
When the fuel tank is below lets say 1/2 tank (gague is broken so i'm just guestimating) I get a condition where it feels like a large buck (hitting a brick wall) happens when accelerating quickly. When the tank is full or near full, this bucking does not occur. I have read up on fuel cut/boost leaks, and cannot find anything that relates to fuel tank level. I have replaced the fuel filter and fuel sock, and my fuel feed/return line is 6AN.

fuel - 6AN feed/return line, stock injectors, stock regulator, stock pump
Stock turbo
Injen style intake
Megan racing downpipe
Greddy (likely replica) exhaust from downpipe back
crushed 1g bov
stock ecu
hard intercooler pipes

I have recently done a clutch job and most of the IC piping had to come off for it. I clamped down the hoses as tight as I could get it, and inspected the hoses for any tears or cuts. The condition still occurs. I am basically ruling out boost leaks.

I accidentaly had my wastegate actuator not hooked up (fun, fast accident) to the line, and it boosted up to 20psi without an issue when I had a full tank.

Fuel pressure regulator? Fuel pump? Fuel gague safety something?

Please toss around some ideas, I really am stuck here and want to remedy this issue as it causes me to make too many trips to the gas station.

Is this on a 1g or 2g? You should fill out a profile to help give us a better understanding of your build. If its a 2g, I would say that it sounds like you are not getting fuel from the driver side saddle of the gas tank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back