The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G GSX Cutout options with stock exhaust (those with a cutout on a GSX)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellds2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Baker City, Oregon
I've got a 98 Eclipse GSX and am trying to find the best place to put my cutout. I want to run my stock catback (or at least the stock muffler). I have a Megan 3 inch downpipe that bolts to my stock catback and can't seem to find a good place for it. I don't want to have the side exit out of the bumper. Looking to see what those of you with AWD did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 103
I currently have one installed where the catalytic converter was. It does free up some power when open. I have true 3" exhaust from turbo back. The cutout is after the flex section but before the resonator and muffler. The car is respectively quiet with it closed and straight piped while open. Just a warning, don't buy a cheap cutout, buy one that will last. I have the QTP cutout.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I currently have one installed where the catalytic converter was. It does free up some power when open. I have true 3" exhaust from turbo back. The cutout is after the flex section but before the resonator and muffler. The car is respectively quiet with it closed and straight piped while open. Just a warning, don't buy a cheap cutout, buy one that will last. I have the QTP cutout.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Nice, thanks for the reply! Do you have anymore pictures you could share? Did you lose any clearance at all?

I don't really have any great pictures of it, I should have taken more when it was up on the lift. I had my whole exhaust custom made to get the best fit. I didn't lose any clearance and the exhaust doesn't hang any lower than any other 3" exhaust.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back