The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

GSX build. Shooting for 500hp! Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaggyGSX

Probationary Member
Dec 7, 2016
Waterloo, Illinois
Hello I'm pretty new here to dsmtuners.
I have a 1997 eclipse gsx. Pretty stock for now. Has exhaust, walbro 255 rewired, small intercooler, and a cold air intake.. I've been running this setup for a couple years now and I'm wanting to do a small build.
I'm going to shoot for 500hp. I've got a couple friends helping me, they have 700+hp evos. But we've been doing some research into what I should get and I am just looking for other people opinions.

I'm really wanting to do a top mount manifold..more for the looks. I've always liked them but little worried about space and intercooler kits that can run to a top mount.

Think I'm going with a
Gt35r
1000+cc injectors and fpr
Electronic boost controller
Short route fmic
Dsmlinkv3

I think that's it..but I'm looking for any and all advice I could get. It's most likely going to be run on 93oct. E85 is hard to find where I'm at.
Thank you all in advance! Have a good day!
20170121_132232.jpg
20170108_121133.jpg
20170121_132232.jpg
20170108_121133.jpg
20161029_170225.jpg

Sounds like a fun gameplan.I tend to see a lot of top-mount manifolds for sale so I'm sure you can hold out to get one. Also, if you are going gt35r the exhaust hotside could be important in achieving your goal of 500hp on 93. Good-looking car.

I would like to advice against any manifold that robs you of room, for your cooling, fans, rad, ect.....

If you do, there will be allot of work to keep temps down. Shrouds, ducting, heat blanket, tape ect......

Just something to consider, I envy those with the oem style manifold, nice and compact...

When I bought my gt35r (that I never used) I concluded that there were around 3 hotsides for the gt35r (I'm sure there are technically more): the 0.63, 0.82 and divided t4 1.06? Basically, from what I've read the larger the housing the more lag but the better pump gas capability and overall airflow. I never used that turbo so I can't recommend something.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back