The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G GST turbo eclipse oil filter housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mota

Probationary Member
Apr 22, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
I need help on knowing where i could buy this oil filter housing bracket. The thread from the turbo oil return line is messed up and is leaking oil from there. Please help asap need to get it back running or parents will sell the car

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 816
Last edited:
Post a WTB ad on this site. They should be fairly cheap. Just make sure you clean it out well. I would also purchase a gasket set from extreme, JNZ, or Rockauto.

wouldnt have part numbers so i could find it in like online?

That one is for the turbo right? I've seen a whole bunch of them but look so different. I'm trying to keep it the same so i can hook it up myself. I am sorry just been looking for couple hrs and i am over my head with it.

You have stripped the oil feed line. The oil drain line is the tube that goes from the turbo chra to the oil pan. I have an idea of what you are looking for.

Quick question once again, please help. is this the same as the following mine bent.

Attachments

• t_17938.jpg
    t_17938.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 144
  • d_6482.jpg
    d_6482.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 219
No I fixed the bracket bought new one and put it back, getting no leaks Thanks. But this one that goes under turbo is bent and is leaking now. I'm trying to buy a flexible one so it wont bent no more.

Attachments

• t_17938.jpg
    t_17938.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 116
Just use a stock one less chance of kinks. I've had ones with over 200k on them and no issues. But you can use either one the oem or extreme aftermarket kit. Just make sure you have a straight line with no kinks or you will have major issues.

Before I place order, will this fit my stock turbo on 2g gst?
Details

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

SKU PSI-ORL-SS-MIT-BL
Retail price: $120.00
Our price:
$69.95
Options
Fitting Color Blue/Red
Turbo Return Fitting Mitsubishi (14B, 16G)
Oil Pan Mitsubishi Oil Pan
Quantity

If you have an MHI turbo (like the one you have linked 14b, 16g), then that would be fine. As suggested already, stock will more than suit your needs. If you have a garret style (IE t-25), then select the appropriate fitting. With the OE one, you will also need the little crush washers along with the gasket for the oil pan connection to prevent leaks.

This what i have not to sure about turbo names :banghead: and I toke that stud out so ignore that LOL Ya i'll be getting bolts, washers and gaskets for sure:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0139[1].JPG
    IMG_0139[1].JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0141[1].JPG
    IMG_0141[1].JPG
    203 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0138[1].JPG
    IMG_0138[1].JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 136
That would be the garret (t-25) style fitting if the pictured turbo is what you are using.

Last edited:
The entire part number for the oil return kit is: PSI-ORL-SS-T25-BL

The only difference being for the T-25 style turbo.

alright so that line would be straight bolt on compared to the one i had that bent?

Was your "bent" one not a bolt-on? This is being made more difficult than it needs to be. It is a drain line. Is there a hole in yours? It commonly leaks at the oil pan if the gasket and crush washer are not replaced. Even the one made of SS hose will have to have a bend (the fitting is likely a 45 degree) on the oil pan side. I would personally just get a stock one new or used.

Last edited:
Look this is my hose it leaks but not a lot. not worried about that, worried that its like crushed or something.

Attachments

• IMG_0146[1].JPG
    IMG_0146[1].JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0153[1].JPG
    IMG_0153[1].JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0150[1].JPG
    IMG_0150[1].JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0152[1].JPG
    IMG_0152[1].JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 127
I would personally just get a stock one new or used.

Looks like some one tried to bend it out of the way instead of unbolting it. You will have a greater chance for leaks with the aftermarket drain line. Most only change the drain if their setup no longer supports the OEM one.

Would that cause issues? Or can i drive it like that? So i should just buy a stock one again? I was the one that bend this one cause it wouldn't reach

Holy crap batman. I wouldn't run the car with that on, that thing is mangled. Its leaking cuz of how bad it's kinked. If oil doesn't drain out propelry from the turbo you can kill it. Get a new one first please, or atleast a used one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back