The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G GST trans questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntmanAndLittleDi

Proven Member
Nov 12, 2014
Russell, Kansas
I browsed around a bit first, sent emails to our sponsors and even caught some on Facebook messenger for live chat, but so far I haven't had my question answered. I have plans on rebuilding a 1990 6 bolt from a manual awd talon and placing it into my 1999 GST which is a fwd auto. The rebuilt motor will be capable of 700-750hp and using a 6266 turbo. I understand that with a high horsepower and boost application the auto trans becomes a forced auto. Was just wondering if anyone has gotten around this? And has anyone used any engine management software that ties into the tcu? I'm currently using the 1999 "black box" ecu, but am fairly certain it'll need replaced for the 6 bolt swap. If you have any info, ideas or suggestions please share them. And likewise if I forgot to mention anything please ask, although there are parts of the build that haven't been determined yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back