The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Gst to gsx conversion TCU question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boost97gst

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2012
st jacob, Illinois
I haven't been active on the forums for a year up until recently. I've forgotten so much.

I have a 97gst (originally an AT, so has an AT harness obviously). I have(had) a 95 gsx AT. The 97 is getting the awd treatment as i type. It's just about finished.
I am well aware the fwd tcu will not work but can i use the 95 tcu with the 97 ecu? I believe i can but i want to be sure so i'm not scrambling for a 2gb awd tcu.

The engine, wiring, head, everything aside from the awd specific parts are all 97.
I'm all but positive the 2gb harness is fine with the 2ga tcu and tranny, no worries there.

No kidding? Wow...... i remember asking about this a long time ago when i first got the itch to go awd and had some people tell me that the fwd tcu will cause the car to go into a "limp" mode.
I assumed gearing differences.
Hey, that's great news man. Thank you. Have a good day bud

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back