The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

gst spyder carbon fiber trunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah no kidding... i got all excited, but noticed the thread posts.. oh well

CFeclipse says he's making the mold to fabricate carbon fiber trunk lids for 2G spyders. He's asking for $300 each.

That's not bad at all, maybe I will get ahold of him

Why are these so hard to find?

I would guess that most people don't mind the weight of the Spyder trunk. Most people that do cf just for looks only want the hood. Maybe a front lip. More of the people that only care about looks have hardtops. So even less people that just after looks are going to buy one.

Then, if your straight up after performance, Hard tops are lighter, more rigid, and available with AWD without a swap. So the guys that gotta be as light as possible are running hard tops.

I wouldn't bother doing my hatch if the thing didn't weight like a million pounds. But its effing heavy so I plan on doing cf hatch.

Yeah, CFEclipse is pretty close by, believe me, i will be checking it out...

I just moved so haven't had the time... but I'm free now so will try in a bit

I still havent found the guy that i bought mine off of.

Carbonetics has them for $450. Otherwise there is always the diy route

Attachments

• 2017-08-31 09.38.06.jpg
    2017-08-31 09.38.06.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 73
Damaged Carboneitcs hood on my car makes me not want to deal with them... But I might have to give in eventually.
Didn't know you had one from them. I like how the CLS trunk lids look, but don't want to pay that much just to wait that long with minimal contact and possibility of it shrinking later.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back