The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

gst spyder carbon fiber trunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsiJohn333

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2010
Goffstown, New_Hampshire
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for one and cant seem to find one! Can someone please help me find a carbon fiber trunk for a spyder. It seems impossible to find.

There was a group buy a long time ago. Your going to have to find a used one, if anyone wants to sell.

i know. i tried finding them but i couldn't find any. They were called HiRev Performance. i got on there website and couldn't do anything on it :cry:

Thank you TSIturbo95 but I'm looking for one for my spyder, not a hatch.

I got mine in orange county, the guy usually has adds on Craigslist.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thank you 805dsm, I'll check that out! If you can find a link for it, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you AWDSPYDERMAN but they didn't carry it.

I would contact Hirev Performance. He's done multiple group buys in the DSM community and on the GalantVR4 forums. They don't ever throw away the molds. The group buy is done to pay for the molding process and then everything is made to order. I'd give them a call and see what they can do for you.

I went to HIrevs Performance's website the other day and couldn't navigate at all thought it. If you could contact them though for me, that would be awesome. i know another person with a spyder thats looking for a carbon fiber trunk lid as well.

i went to the craigslist site and i gave him a text. Now i gotta play the waiting game. Why are these so hard to find?

When i got it the guy only had 2 left ,3 counting the one i bought. I guees it was made more in the "make by order" thing or something.

Ya, that wasnt the guy. He said he never carried them in the first place. I need to send my trunk for a mold and shipping is 200 bucks just to send my trunk there (not including shipping back both of them if i were to go through him) and additional 400 to make trunk and can take a month to get it back. :cry: I'm getting close though i know it

Damn, thats a bummer. Ill try and find the guy that i got it from.

Please do! thanks man! :hellyeah:

Still looking for that trunk lid? If so you might wanna check with dsmtuners member (CFeclipse) he had quoted me $280. Hope this helps!

Still looking for that trunk lid? If so you might wanna check with dsmtuners member (CFeclipse) he had quoted me $280. Hope this helps!

Thats more like it!!!

Also if you just want the look and DIY without having to break the bank. You could always wrap it and save yourself aloooot of money for mods. Wrap it with 3M Dinoc Ca-421 you can find it fairly cheap on ebay about $40 or less for a big enough piece to wrap your spyder trunk lid and a couple of other things. At least that's what i was planning to do and save my money to run a better turbo. Eventually i'll get the real piece just to satisfy my mind.

Here's a video so it gives you a better idea
‪3M Di-Noc.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

VOTE: DIY.. its not that hard, from what I hear.... totally custom too :)

Yeah i'm actually going to do it myself. I have the 3M wrap here next to me. I gotta wait till i send the car in to get painted first. then all the addons will go on.

By the way just to ad some good info. There are (2) different 3M Dinoc carbon fiber wraps.

Ca-421 is the standard carbon fiber look

CA421GN is the new glossy carbon fiber look

Happy shopping :thumb:

thanks man! ill def send him a message! did you already get yours? i was thinking about wrapping mine but i really dont have the time too :coy:

Haven't done mine yet but i do have the wrap here with me. The car is @ the shop now getting some work done to it. When i get it back i have to put all the add ons then straight to the body shop. I was thinking of leaving mine on and painting it the same color as the car and then goto a local junkyard and buy a spare trunk lid and wrap that (change it when i want to add a different look) lets see. Good luck let me know how it turns out :thumb:

I'm looking for a carbon fiber trunk for my 98 spyder as well. Please let me know if anyone can help.

I have a spyder and I have been looking everywhere and you rarely can find them for sale used. The overlay is probably the only way you will be able to even come close. At least you can get the look.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back