The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

greengoblin's AWD Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does it all take to run a EPSP in a talon, I'm assuming some sensor for the steering position.

What does it all take to run a EPSP in a talon, I'm assuming some sensor for the steering position.

This pump only requires 2 wire to hook it up. You may also have to either make a restrictor to limit pressure or run a pre made pressure reducer. Andrew blew out a few sets of rack seals. However that may be because of the very wide tires he runs.

Wow, that pump looks nice in new condition! No yellowed reservoir. :) Where did you find them new?

I must have only post this info on mitsu media. Here a cut and past of that post.

My EPSP (electric power steering pump) is on the way. Man that was a steep bill to choke down. If anyone decided they want to pick one up you can get them here:

http://www.acspowersteering.co.uk/renault/steering-pump/

You can pick up the same pump off Ebay however the price in at 475 shipped used and 725 new from this guy.

Ebay link was dead . If you do a search for electric power steering pump it pops up. You can reference my picture and find it.

Mine checked out at 522 shipped new. I'll take it.

These pumps are off both the Renault Clio and Kangoo models from 01/98 - 07/05. This is the same pump on Andrew's TA eclipse.

Some update stuff too:

Front end temporarily braced.

Radiator support core removed.

Because race car.

photobucket-18496-1339019792832.jpg

I will be playing around with card board and doing a bunch of mock up to figure out how it will all go together over the next few week. EEEERRRR maybe months . LOL :)

Last edited:
One rear fender is done. I used less fasteners to cut down on weight since I'm using Dzus clips and not rivets to hold them on. Also took a pic to show what the back side of of the dzus fasteners look like when they are locked down.
I'm not going to get much down for a while since I'm about to start making a batch of fendre braces for those that want them.

What do you mean by you used clips instead of fasteners? I am new to the concept of Dzus and like what I see so far. How do the clips differ from the rivets/spring type you used on the front fenders? You have photos?

This is what I see when I google images, so I am just having a hard time seeing how you used those on the unibody rear.

pr725_1.jpg

Did you or do you plan on cutting or changing the rear wheel well to prevent rubbing with larger wheels that the kit allows you to run? What is the plan for modifying it if you havn't already?

Really interested in the body work you are doing; I am going to be diving into it myself soon!

What do you mean by you used clips instead of fasteners? I am new to the concept of Dzus and like what I see so far. How do the clips differ from the rivets/spring type you used on the front fenders? You have photos?

This is what I see when I google images, so I am just having a hard time seeing how you used those on the unibody rear.

Sorry that was not worded that very well.

The kit was originally designed to be held in place with large head rivets. It has pre placed holes(indents) for the placement of them. Since I'm using Dzus fasteners I decided to make my hole in different place and use less to help cut down on the overall weight. Rivets would be lighter but removing the fender with easy seems more important to me.

You can look here and see I used the same type of dzus fasteners.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm...greengoblins-awd-project-2.html#post152779501

A few post down you can see a pic of th backside of them mounted on the car.

Did you or do you plan on cutting or changing the rear wheel well to prevent rubbing with larget wheels that the kit allows you to run? What is the plan for modifying it if you havn't already?

Really interested in the body work you are doing; I am going to be diving into it myself soon!

I will be cutting the rear fender. I'll post pics once that happens.

A bit of an update.

I'm currently trying to build enough fender brace to keep everyone happy. This means no worky on my car. :( I also need to order my exahust manifold so I can design the radiator,intercooler and core support setup. Luckly selling braces helps fund the build.

I did pick up a killer deal. It was way down on the list but for the price and BNIB, it could not be passed up.

Now I need some Evo 8 inner axle cups.

Big thanks to John for letting me know about the for sale ad!

photobucket-5429-1342214319573.jpg

Last edited:
Working on filling the reverse light holes in preparation for building the fiberglass version.

photobucket-13729-1347830362174.jpg

photobucket-29588-1347895511774.jpg

Cleaned up the over fender edges and layed out the holes for the Dzus fasteners.

Rear%20bumber%20mods%20(1)_zps129e7761.jpg

Rear%20bumber%20mods%20(2)_zps41281c2b.jpg

Rear%20bumber%20mods%20(3)_zps64059c5b.jpg

We have been playing Virtual dress up with my car thanks to the help of Brain Loose (snowboarder714) . He went above and beyond and did my car in three colors and three style. Then an email was sent to 12 of my very good friend whom I trust and value to give their honest opinions on the colors. Out of all twelve everyone picked the red combo in some form. It should be noted few if any knew what the others voted for. What really rocks though is it is the color scheme I had picked before from the very beginning of the project. Paint is a long ways off but I'm pumped so I thought I'd share the pic he did with you guys.

red.jpg

The fate of the rear center section has been decided. This area is a bit of the kit I have never liked. Andrew's car has a large vent in the center to reduce drag. With the help of Brain I played around with a few vent designs and hated them all in the end. In an attempt to clean up the look a bit the indent for the license plate will be filled completely along with the reverse lights.

To reduce drag custom wheel wells liners will be built to seal off that. The area directly behind the wheel wells will be extended to meet the frame rails.(marked in red on the pic) The center section will be sealed against the sheet metal across the back. The area marked in yellow will be removed just leaving the metal tube.

A few pic to show what I'm talking about and the problem areas. This will be about 100x more work that just cutting a vent but the end result will be better. Should be fun too. Custom sway bar end links for the rear are being built too.

undertheknifewhattodo.jpg

undertheknife.jpg

Damn Im very jealous. I loved the kit in the beginning, and seeing that rendering makes me love it even more. I cannot wait for more updates. This build is epic.

The rough stuff most don't show.

I started doing some of the glass work. Adding on to existing glass work is a pain. Every existing piece has to be dewaxed then sanded (36 grit) and the wiped down with acetone before you even start.

The area I had to work in was darn tight. You can see the on the fly adjustment (noticed bent to hell flap on metal) had to be made to even get the glass and resin in toward the back. I also played with a chopped strand mat and can tell you I hate it. woven fabric is much easier to work with.

A piece of waxed plexi glass was used to make the underside smooth and easy to release. I also used painters in the transition area where the angle need to flatten out near the wheel well. I'll take better pics of the set up when I do the other side. Next up is shaping and smoothing. Remember I'm making this stuff up as I go. :p

undertheknife009.jpg

undertheknife008.jpg

undertheknife006.jpg

Cleaned up a bit. mounting bracket fabricated and welded in place. Welding could be better. My gas ran out and I had to re weld. Blah. It's on and it's not coming off. Next is more trimming and then build the first wheel well liner. Should be fun.

undertheknife011.jpg

undertheknife003.jpg

Ehhh... don't you think his head is big enough without you adding to it? :p

BTW - Got that trip to OKC planned yet, so you can help with (ok...do) the body work I need done? :D

I'm not sure you want me helping with the body work! My stuff is still pretty rough but I'm learning.

Brain head can always be a bit bigger. He really helped me out with the color choices!
That fuel pump set up your making looks awesome sir! Keep up the good work Craig!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back