The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Grand Prix GTP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLinE-

Probationary Member
Jan 2, 2005
Neosho, Missouri
So I raced my friend's Grand Prix GTP (Supercharged) tonight. I figured I'd have him beat, but ended up he had me beat pretty easy. I managed to beat him off the line, but after that he took off on me. We are both A/T and both stock. Should I win this race, or is he just faster? I brake boosted off the line, and raced with OD off (I shut it down pretty early because I don't think I had a chance) Any tips on how to beat him?

RedLinE- said:
So I raced my friend's Grand Prix GTP (Supercharged) tonight. I figured I'd have him beat, but ended up he had me beat pretty easy. I managed to beat him off the line, but after that he took off on me. We are both A/T and both stock. Should I win this race, or is he just faster? I brake boosted off the line, and raced with OD off (I shut it down pretty early because I don't think I had a chance) Any tips on how to beat him?

dude those cars are prety bad ass cars..with a nice set up 3.8 with a supercharger witch makes i think 240hp..put some mods on your car that is how you beat him

Stock GTP beats out a stock automatic DSM all day long. Totally stock they run 14.7 to 15 flat in the quarter mile. They have an incredible amount of torque. They are a V6. With a change of a pulley and a cold air intake it does 14 seconds in the quarter at 98 mph. You have to beat em in the top end. And all GTP's are automatics. They don't have 5 speeds.

A friend of mine is putting down 300+ whp on his gtp. Very quick car.

240hp > 210 hp
gtp torque > 215 dsm torque
gtp weight > dsm though, but not by enough.

Stock vs stock you're screwed. I ate up a local kid's free modded and K&N equipped 91 awd 5 speed in my mom's 97 gtp that was bone stock. He had me on the launch by about half a car or so and I reeled him in before the end of second and 3rd was just me walking away.

yeah, i think they are like 300lbs. more than a gsx
and tq, ive heard 300 and 280

Actually, a gp gt will run 15.20-15 flat and is 235 hp, I know because I have one. A gtp on the other hand is 280hp and I have seen them run as quick as a 13.98 stock. So, yea. You have no chance stock gsx vs stock gtp. Auto to auto anyways. 5 spd vs 5 spd can vary depending on driver.

I actually work at my friends shop who owns zzperformance which has the top 5 GTP's and the top GT Grand Prix's in the game. On the stock supercharger they have one running 10.8 at the track with only around 400 HP. It's amazing how much torque there is though. You cannot even put the gas all the way down at the launch. I don't know about running a 13.98 in the quarter totally stock with the stock 3.8" pulley and totally stock airbox and everything. Maybe on slicks, but with street tires and everything 100% stock I have never heard of that. Their fastest GT that is naturally aspirated runs in the 12's with about 260 HP at the dyno to the wheels. For how reliable they run I get jealous sometimes. I should get one since I would get everything at cost, but I still love my 2G. 2G's are not as common by me as the Grand Prix's. But they also have to build their trannies. Once you get into the mid 13's, the stock tranny's like to take a crap, but they have a lot more upgrades available for their trannies than we do. They can change the the gear ratio and modify the computer to have higher shift points. Their power band is instant also. No lag. They have the same power throughout the entire powerband which rev limits at less than 6000. That is why it is important for the dsmer's to get those titanium springs and retainers with a big turbo so you can get em at the top end since we can achieve 9000 rpm with the right equipment.

kinda old but I raced one in my stock gst about 3 1/2 years ago kinda got me on the launch by a few feet, then I reeled him in and put him away pretty nice. But I was shocked at how those suckers haul for a family car... :rocks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back