The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G good adjustible cam gear out there

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
I want to find some good adjustable cam gears for my build. I have cash to buy some so thats not a problem. I want to make 600hp. I have a stroker build. Here is more info. Let me know what you have and are running with what kind of hp on car. Thanks

100mm crank
manley rods
wiseco pistons
BSE delete
HX40 pro
GSC S2 cams
High rev springs
Zero tick lifters

Fidanza good bang for the buck. I have a set of AEM trutimes(yet to be mounted) but the build quality is very impressive. The BC gears are built very well too, had a chance to see some in person

I had AEM trutimes on my 1g. Never adjusted them but made setting the timing a complete nightmare. Since u can't hold the TB in place with zipties, makes it mighty tricky to get everything just right. Just in my opinion, I wouldn't worry too much about them. I think from all my reading so far at best people have seen like a 6hp improvement. Just food for thought

It's much more than 6hp potentially. There are s lot of factors that will affect what cam timing is optional for YOUR set up and desired power band. There is a great thread on can timing on here about it, alot of good points. Also the new bc come with arp hardware and have five points of contact, which makes me think less chance of slippage?

Degree wheel and dial bore? Never have heard of this.

How much HP are you making on your cams also i wanted to know BC cam gears just came out with new updated style. Where can i look at these?

I just googled price of bc 272 for 1g dsm, but when I say new I mean they used to have a 3 bolt style. I remember them being different, either way on that thread they said after a few adjustments the bolts started to strip. Just a heads up, hks is a quality name too.

The degree wheel and dial indicator are used to degree or time your cams to your crank exactly where they're supposed to be. I think you should do every set of aftermarket cams, others dont. When you resurface heads/blocks it changes things slightly, add in bigger cams and you could be out a good ways. My Kelfords were only out 1 degree on the exhaust, not a big deal but i'd still like to know. I've seen cams be out by 5-6 degrees though. Also if you have patience great things can happen with adjustable gears. I would say just make sure you get the ones with the most mounting points and put some red loctite on the bolts when you get them dialed in, they're small enough you can bust it loose if need be.

If you've got a ton of cash to spend you should get a ball bearing turbo like PTE 6262 or Garrett 37R as well assuming it'll be a street car. Faster spool and more retained spool between shifts = more fun.

fidanza cam gears are pretty nice, there was a tunning shop in Minnesota that had a killer price on a set of them, I was gonna buy I think it was $195 for both of em shipped, but talk to vendors on here I'm sure they will be willing to get you a good deal on a set of them, and check out jafros you-tube channel he just did a good video on how to use a degree wheel to line it up right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back