The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G GM flex fuel sensor location. Where on return line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, Im doing my fuel lines while my engines getting honed and stuff at the machine shop.

Where in between the tank and the afpr are you guys installing/mounting your flex sensors? I know there's no specific spot, but What's the best/most practical location?

Thanks guys.

Ps, I'm mounting an innovate ethanol content %/fuel temp gauge next to my Speedo in the cluster. I'm still figuring how to hook that all up too. Only reason I mention is because it comes with a flex pigtail so it all has to be spliced in n work together so I guess it has to be a bit closer to the dash...

What do you think?

Last edited:
My flex fuel sensor is in between the return and my afpr. If you dont have a afpr then place it in the return line and you will be fine. It is close to the dash in that spot for your needs. It's exactly where mine is.

I put mine right after the regulator on the return line. Made a bracket and mounted to an unused bolt hole on the firewall so that it's hidden by the intake manifold.

My flex fuel sensor is in between the return and my afpr. If you dont have a afpr then place it in the return line and you will be fine. It is close to the dash in that spot for your needs. It's exactly where mine is.

Yeah I know, but I meant where on the return like closer to the regulator or closer to the tank

I put mine right after the regulator on the return line. Made a bracket and mounted to an unused bolt hole on the firewall so that it's hidden by the intake manifold.

Awesome yeah that's probably what I will do

Mine is right after the regulator. I still have a stock intake manifold and I mounted the sensor to the intake manifold support bracket.

GM Flex fuel sensor and it is supported by EcmLink.

Mine is also in the return line just after the AFPR. Also running a GM flex fuel sensor.

Attachments

• IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 831
Nothing that will matter, -8 is overkill for a return line anyway. Unless your using two fuel rails a -12 feed, and a mechanical fuel pump.

I place mine just below my FPR and mounted to the firewall. Here is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3283.JPG
    IMG_3283.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 534
Let me revive this old thread as I'm in the same boat.......every picture I see, the sensor is mounted horizontally requiring angled AN fittings, is this sensor not able to be mounted vertical like inline with the fuel return line after the AFPR?

You can mount it in any direction. Horizontal, vertical... doesn’t matter. I think what you are seeing is personal preserence of horizontal mounting.

This is the way I mounted mine. I read on the Haltech forums that the ideal location is on the pressure side of your return line which is between the rail and the regulator. Mounting it after could cause some cavitation.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back