1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.
Please Support Jackson Auto Machine

Street Build German GSX

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  1. Dentor

Dentor Probationary Member

Joined Oct 10, 2017
    Stuttgart, Europe
    Hello folks, I'd like to introduce my 97 GSX.
    It is altogether my 3rd 2g but my first GSX. Mitsubishi never officially sold the GSX outside the USA, so they are extremely rare in Europe.
    I picked up the car in January 2018 in England and restore it so far to get a road registration here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

manual
    ec17pse likes this.

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Issues

Issues Probationary Member

Joined Oct 28, 2018
    Budapest, Europe
    Love the color. What is it, cayenne red?

3. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    You said it came from the UK, was this from a chap called Alex perhaps? If so i have driven this car and knew the owner when it was in the US aswel LOL, it was the only Cayenne red gsx in the UK

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
  4. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    This was me and this GSX which i think it is, 1891354_10152601067456337_9136636448760025707_o.jpg

My DSM:

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
  5. Dentor

Joined Oct 10, 2017
    Stuttgart, Europe
    Yes it is Cayenne red.

Dude, jes I got it from Alex. Than you know that the car was in really bad shape... but no chance to find a better in Europe for that price

My DSM:

Street Build

manual
  6. Dentor

Joined Oct 10, 2017
    Stuttgart, Europe
    By the way... do you have some informations about engine and transmission? Alex didn know much/ or don’t want to tell me.
    Only thing i know is it is a 6bolt block. But I have no idea if stock or what is modified inside. What type of clutch...?
    I could not do a test drive still now, because the car didn’t run when I buyed it

My DSM:

Street Build

manual
  7. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    So what i know is the guy came over from the US with it, (he is US Military) i go to the base on the regular. His name is Jake, met him and looked st the car as you do and i got to test it out,

When he got it here he had some boost issues and leaks, the trans had a good clutch in, but his shifter was a megan and a bolt kept getting stuck and jamming gears, it also made it bad as you would miss and skip a gesr bby mistake, i came down from 5th to 2nd because it jumped me there and would not let me select 4th but did again once slowed down!

I tried to help him with ecmlink as he had issues there with WOT and he lost his cable, he also had boost leaks.

From then he had a few things he was doing and needed my advice in like upgrades and parts, so i assisted and he got alot of what i said to get, but the install was bad, it was a point where he wanted to get a new car now anyway so i guess everything went together fast.

After all this it got sold to Alex, who i also went and met and saw the car in person again, he was having issues fixing Jakes mess and well i tried to do my best but my advice went unhead! So nothing i suggested was done to fix it and know idea what alex ended up fixing or breaking from there.

So it started well but ended up bad,

AFAIK the block was fully built snd the trans was recently upgraded when it came to the UK, the interior sucked and ride was not great but it was pushing 23psi i believe and it pulled hard! It felt good and drove strong,

Thats about all i got or remember LOL, i shall try dig out some pics i got of the car on the comp shortly

My DSM:

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft