1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G Gear select level broken

Posted by Samusisback, Nov 9, 2018

Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Samusisback

Samusisback Proven Member

Joined Apr 21, 2016
    Joliette, QC, Canada
    So today i took all day changing my throw out bearing, i had a few problem along the way. The major problem is that the thing that move on top of the tranny, that thing that move by the shift linkage. Both look like they were broken by one of the previous owner and welded back badly. One of the shift linkage is broken and need to be replace but it locked up very thing to the tranny and i broke 2 flat head trying to get it off and ultimatly broke the thing. I would like to know if it can be replaced by a brand new simce anyway the old broken wire it stuck on it, it would be welded that it would not make a difference. If it is reparable then what it's called and where can i find one. Also knowing how hard is it to change would be nice. 20181108_125721.jpg 20181108_125729.jpg 20181108_125816.jpg

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

16g   manual
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

Street Build

14b   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. tametalon92

tametalon92 Proven Member

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    You'll need to get replacements from a spare trans of the same type and swap them out. I think the arms can be replaced without removing the trans, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
  3. Samusisback

Samusisback Proven Member

Joined Apr 21, 2016
    Joliette, QC, Canada
    Is there a post somewhere that show someone who did it cause i dont seem to find it, and if there is not i guess i will make one when i found the part and receive it

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

16g   manual
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

Street Build

14b   manual