The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Gauge lights don't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
Okay so my gauge lights don't work, and neither do my HVAC lights and cig lighter light. I checked fuses and got a new dimmer switch. All lights work besides the ones listed. Can someone PLEASE a help me I really need those lights to work they are crucial for night driving obviously.. Any help is greatly appreciated

Still sounds like a bad or incorrect 2g dimmer switch. The 2g dimmer switch is different than the 1g one and cannot be replaced by any "universal" one. I doubt you'll even find it at auto stores (dealer item).

To test, unplug the dimmer switch connector under the dash. It should be a 4 pin inline connector with 3 wires on it - black with yellow stripe, black, and green with white stripe. On the harness side plug, jumper the black with yellow stripe wire to the black wire. The dash lights should now go on full when taillights are on.

For dimmer functionality: When you find out just how expensive a new 2g dimmer is (which is different than the 1g one), you may decide to just stay with this fix (or go used).

yea it should u can but its easier to just jump it across with something like a paper clips b4 u go cutting stuff up, this is what i did and i just left it, all bright all the time is what i had it on normally anyway

Makes sure the wires running from the positive terminal on battery are tight. I experienced your problem and found the answer. Just give them a good wiggle to check. Mine have the ring terminals so i just tightened em up.

Makes sure the wires running from the positive terminal on battery are tight. I experienced your problem and found the answer. Just give them a good wiggle to check. Mine have the ring terminals so i just tightened em up.
Can you elaborate please? Cause I wanna try everything! But thanks for all the help guys gonna try that now haven't been on here in a while

Sometimes these are loose. I just took them apart and cleaned good with a wire brush. Then tightened em down rock solid. I think one main bundle was going to fuse box area from pos. terminal. A loose one of these made my lights dim when pressing on brake and dash lights dimming as well.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back