The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Gauge cluster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan_40

Proven Member
Nov 5, 2013
Breezewood, Pennsylvania
I have a 1998 gs sitting in my drive way to use as a parts car. My gauges don't work in my 1995 gst. Can I take out my cluster from my gs and have it work? I have an aftermarket boost gauge already so thats not a problem.

What makes them different? All I really need is the speedo and gas gauge to work

The speedometer will work, but I'm not sure about the gas gauge.

My GSX had a non turbo cluster when I first go it and it was working perfect.

Edit,
Looking at the pics on the link posted, the gauges are the same, except the non turbo has a longer needle, But the mechanical of the gauge it self is the same (if you want to swap the non turbo gauges to the turbo cluster).

I still have my non turbo cluster in my garage, I will open it up and see if they can be swapped to the turbo Cluster.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm trying to take my NT cluster and put it in my turbo car. As long as the speedo works I can get an aftermarket gas gauge. Just kinda tough to drive past cops with no speedo, I have a heavy right foot LOL.

Is there anything I can do to get my cluster working? I just got the car last Monday. I got it for fairly cheap so I was expecting some repairs but gauges are pretty necessary. Any ides or tips at what to look at? Fuse is good, I was smart enough to check that already haha

What makes them different? All I really need is the speedo and gas gauge to work
I agree really in a turbo gauge cluster its just an on dash boost gauge correct? I was looking into swapping clusters in my 1Ga to get rid of the stock boost gauge. No point if I already have one rite?. I would think it would be a connector difference in the turbo the connector that goes to the Speedo.

Have you tried to diagnose the issue as to why the gauges in your GST don't work? The GS ones may not work either if the issue isn't the cluster.

Have you tried to diagnose the issue as to why the gauges in your GST don't work? The GS ones may not work either if the issue isn't the cluster.

I would think it's an oil pressure issue. Between turbo and non turbo why not just get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. Glow shift can get you the whole shebang with oil filter adaptor for like 80 bucks I believe it's 40-50 for the gauge it self and then another 30 for the adaptor

I wouldn't get glow shift and I hope other members would back me on this but I had a glow shift gauges and after about six months they died needle just reading all wack and bouncing around. they is way better gauges out there to use. not saying you need to go top brand but glow shift def. bottom of the barrel. wouldn't trust it with the life of your engine.[DOUBLEPOST=1414116383][/DOUBLEPOST]id go with prosport gauges. and the adapter they sell one too. http://prosportgauges.com/oil-filter-adaptor-plate.aspx but you need to think if you have a 3 inch down pipe it might make things very tight down there. it extends your oil filter out a couple inches I would recommend the remote sender unless you plan on running oil temp too. heres a link for the remote sender kit https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=23312&cat=1743&page=1

Last edited:
so? Can a Nt clustor work in a turbo?
Im asking only about the shared gauges in either.
RPM,Speed,Gas.

Some said yes others no...?

Yes, the NT cluster does work in a turbo. The PO swapped the clusters in my talon with the same miles for a cleaner look as the boost gauge and what not is on aftermarket gauges.

I concur on glowshift I have a friend that has them and they work for him no issues but their quality is a crap shoot. My reference was only to budget builders.

My self I'll be taking a non turbo gauge cluster pulling some pins and replacing the gauges (in factory placement) with a full speedhut setup. This year should be nice

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back