1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Resolved Fuses popping 8&17

Posted by SNAKE_15, Nov 11, 2018

Please Support VR Speed Factory
  1. SNAKE_15

SNAKE_15 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2012
    Bakersfield, California
    Ok guys I'm so close on fixing my car but stuck one last spot, yes I googled and read countless posts on tuners but need some clarification.

As soon as I plug in the plug (B-65) from the kick panel fuse box, fuse 8(gauge)&17(sunroof) blows immediately and also my tail lamp fuse from the engine fuse box so I have no running lights or power to windows. If I leave it unplugged, everything works fine. I even tried a different dash harness and still have the same issue. My car did not come with a sunroof so not sure if this is supposed to be connected. Anybody have any ideas or had his issue before? Should I just leave this unplugged? Gonna do a volt meter test tomorrow morning but wanted some input before I start

Attached Files:

My DSM:
    1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

Street Build

14b   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. C'LO

C'LO Supporting Member

Joined Sep 9, 2007
    Haverhill, Massachusetts
    You can try tracing the wiring for that circuit and making sure it’s not grounded or pinched causing it to blow the fuse.

3. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    Check that B-65 (pin 1, red/ black) is not shorted to ground

Check that B-50 (pin 12, red/green) is not shorted to ground

4. SNAKE_15

SNAKE_15 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2012
    Bakersfield, California
    Hey guys, so I pulled the harness out and traced the wire with no luck

I noticed this though. On my brothers spare dash harness, the plug that I keep connecting on the kick panel fuse box to my car, I found the same plug connected here on the spare dash harness connected to something else with what I'm guessing is for the sunroof

20181125_185846.jpg

Snapchat-1936527403.jpg

20181125_190251.jpg

So, I'm curious since I don't have a sunroof, I don't have that little harness so maybe this should be left unplugged after all on my kickpanel fuse box??

I even looked at my brothers car and the wire colors are different than the plug I keep connecting. Mine is black, red, orange, and black which is not the same in this pic

Snapchat-77685885.jpg

My DSM:

Street Build

14b   manual
  5. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    The white plug appears to be B-79
    The black one is B-65

Having it plugged in should be okay. Have you checked the roof harness to see if its shorting to ground?

SNAKE_15 likes this.
  6. SNAKE_15

SNAKE_15 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2012
    Bakersfield, California
    Yeah I pulled the sun visors and headliner but nothing was shorting to ground. Well since I'm not connecting the correct plug, wouldn't that be the reason for my fuses popping because everything works if I leave that unplugged and I'm thinking nothing goes there since I have the non sun roof car. I'm gonna try a different harness that I bought because this current one didn't have the plug for my powered side view mirrors so it must've came off an RS when I bought it

My DSM:

Street Build

14b   manual
  7. SNAKE_15

SNAKE_15 Proven Member

Joined Aug 28, 2012
    Bakersfield, California
    @dustyboner thanks for the big help. I found my problem and fixed it. You were right, I had the plugs connected backwards which was causing those fuses to blow. I swapped them to their correct plugs and no fuses popped and everything works :hellyeah:

My DSM:

Street Build

14b   manual
  8. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    :thumb: