The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuse Box Retainer Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnewt

Probationary Member
Dec 18, 2017
Olathe, Kansas
How do I remove the white plastic wire retainers from the back of the fuse sockets on the fuse Box? There are a couple of slots in them that I've tried sticking a flathead in to maybe release with no luck. I don't want to pry on anything wrong and break something.

I used 2 picks to remove them, if I remember correctly I had to pinch the tab and push it out. It's been about a year since I did it though so my memory isn't the best. But I did use picks

Ok, I got the Retainer out, it has catches that run into the center slots. You pry the tabs (part of the box)from the fuse side and pry the white Retainer from the back. Then the wires are still stuck in there. There are slots next to the top side blades toward the edge of the fuse location that seem to be for releasing the wires, but I haven't gotten a single one out yet. I hate to cut car wiring, but it might happen on this car.

For the pins (wires in the fuse box) I believe you push the tab on the pin down from (the side where you put the fuse) and pull the wire out (don't pull hard it should come out easy)

Finally got it out. I should have specified that I was working on a fusible link, not the standard blade fuses. There's a tab that goes through a square hole in the blade. I had to push it from the inner side with a pic and hold it out with another while pushing the blade down through the block. There wasn't room or I couldn't manage to get at the tab from the back side.

For the smaller fuses, you're pretty much spot on about using two picks to squeeze those tabs together from the fuse side while prying it up from the back side. Thanks for that made that one much easier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back