The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Full on Evo III swap to a 95 Mirage shell, 4g63, AWD, RHD all OEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_4670.sized.jpg

IMG_4671.sized.jpg

IMG_4672.sized.jpg

IMG_4673.sized.jpg

IMG_4674.sized.jpg

IMG_4675.sized.jpg

IMG_4677.sized.jpg

IMG_4679.sized.jpg

just got my evo 9 rear hubs. I am going to try to use the ebrake set up also so I could run the evo 9 2pistion brembos on the back
DSC03566.jpg

got the front hubs yesterday. Traded a 2g colom for them. I now have the parts to do the 5 lug swap. Now I just have to find a deal on front and back evo brembo brakes
DSC03567.jpg

got the new clutch for the car. It is a quarter master twin plate. They messed up when they made all the fly wheels to start with. They used a 6bolt crank only to make the aliment rings on the flys then just put in 6bolt or 7bolt holes. The 7bolt crank is bigger so the fly wheels do not fit at all. Other people have the same problem sense they got theres yesterday one in OH and one in the UK all 3 of us were not happy at all about this. The diffrence in the cranks is. the 6bolt one is 3.134in. and the 7bolt crank one is 3.345in. Lucky for me my Dad's buddy has a huge laythe that will hold the fly wheel and my Dad turned it out so the fly will fit the 7bolt crank like it should have to start with.
DSC03674.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

DSC03675.jpg

DSC03679.jpg

well with the help of my dad and my buddy kevin we got all the evo II doors on and working after some fixing of the wiring that I redid to make the usa doors work with the jdm harness. we also got the rear toe arms on. that was a pain in the ass. The oem ones were also ajustable but were frozen and ended up cutting them out with the saws all.
DSC03681.jpg

DSC03682.jpg

here is the fix for the loose flywheel. used the 2.4 auto spacer ring and tacked the bolts after they were torqued down so they will not come loose a 2nd time.
camerapictures.jpg

the new PTT t.o. bearing that you need to put the oem backing plate one
DSC03699.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

after I cut apart the oem t.o. bearing and pressed it on to the PTT bearing. It is so nice to have a 12ton shop press to do stuff like this and not have to pay for it.
DSC03701.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

well yesterday I got the wood templates made and got them mounted to the evo III knuckle with the 1g 5lug hub in them. I had to tap the knuckle with a 5/8 tap to put the bolt in to it and get longer bolts for the brembos. It all went easy till I went to fit the 18's on it and they do not clear at all. the back spacing on the evo III knuckle is totaly diffrent from the evo 8/9 knuckle's offset. So now I am at a stand still because to make the fronts work I will need a 1/2in spacer or so to get the rims on them now. But the thing is if I put them 1/2 spacer on and mount it all on the car for mock up and it sticks out of the fender I will be scraping it all together.
here are the pics of what I have done to make them fit so far.
DSC03775.jpg

DSC03773.jpg

well I got it put on the car tonight to make sure it will all work. I have 2in of back spacing from the rim to the cusco coils. The rim sits with in the fender still with the little over a 1/2in spacer plates. I used a jack to compress the suspention to make sure also and was all good to go. So it is a full green light for the fronts no I just have to order the good 1/2in spacers for it. I am also pretty sure this is the first early evo with evo 8/9 brembos on it and 18*8 rims.
Now to the pics
DSC03790.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

some new up dates on the car. Last week I went to the junk yard for parts for the wifes 1g that I did not have. I ended up picking up a mazda washer bottle with the motor in it so I can hook up my fmic sprayers. I just have to order a alky/meth injection boost pressuare switch for it.
DSC03793.jpg

Also got tired of the red gas door on the car sense it was the only thing that was red so I shot some primer on it and it looks a lot better now.
DSC03794.jpg

Other parts that will be here thus this week
the smim was sent 3 day air from japan for ems pricing
the 1/2 front wheel spacers from H&R with the extend wheel studs
3 auto meter roll cage mount cups for the greddy gauges.
Also picking up a set of tire from a buddy for 150.00 they are 215/35/18 Falken 452's with a fe

awesome thread. May I ask what $$ you have into the car at this point? I know you got the original car for free.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back